IGNORED

dcbigdog.. is this Hozer?

yuppicide

Yes and if anyone wants one of those games in better quality, PM me. ;)

Yours are better quality, but they don't have the goofy face on the label that peels off though. :P

Your next cart will have a f'ed up face on it. :P

"All of your auctions have been reported to eBay by more than one person. You are selling pirated copies of video games, which is a crime. You can face fines and/or jail time as well.

Nobody in the Atari community likes Randy or Hozer or the many aliases he goes under. I am not sure if you are Randy or not or just one of his lackees (sp?) but whatever the connection is, you or him should stop it already. Enough is enough."

"All of your auctions have been reported to eBay by more than one person. You are selling pirated copies of video games, which is a crime. You can face fines and/or jail time as well.

Nobody in the Atari community likes Randy or Hozer or the many aliases he goes under. I am not sure if you are Randy or not or just one of his lackees (sp?) but whatever the connection is, you or him should stop it already. Enough is enough."

Who is he talking to?? :ponder:

Ebay doesn't care

Bah I sent a message to the guy selling Hozer stuff lol.

He says:

"First off I'm not "Randy", so you don't have a clue. Second, your offensive email is quite out of line."

I never called him names or anything, besides I never even sent any email. eBay did lol.

Aren't all copies of Save the Whales pirates? It's not like any of the prototype repros were legit, were they? Just because they came in better packaging than Hozer doesn't make them any more legit.

Edited by mos6507

Aren't all copies of Save the Whales pirates? It's not like any of the prototype repros were legit, were they? Just because they came in better packaging than Hozer doesn't make them any more legit.

Well, technically the CGE guys got the game from the developer and had permission to release the game. ;)

He says:

your offensive email is quite out of line."

I never called him names or anything

"NO one in the atari community likes you"

yeah that's not offensive! :roll: :roll: :roll:

when you going to stop this Shit Al! :roll:

Rick

Edited by Rick Weis

Well, technically the CGE guys got the game from the developer and had permission to release the game. ;)

Did the developer own the copyright to the game? I know sometimes it happens (think Jamie Fenton with Ms. Gorf, and that was put into the public domain anyway) but it's the rare exception, not the rule. Almost all these protos were works for hire and never should have left the lab. Only because of the turmoil surrounding the videogame crash and the subsequent layers of time and corporate bankruptcies and buyouts have these fallen into a legal no-man's land. I seriously doubt that, for instance, the Snow White repro was legit, as it tramples on both Atari's copyright and Disney's trademarks. These things just flew under the radar, that's all.

Edited by mos6507

Yes and if anyone wants one of those games in better quality, PM me. ;)

Yours are better quality, but they don't have the goofy face on the label that peels off though. :P

Your next cart will have a f'ed up face on it. :P

OH I want a Wiz cart with a face...it would be sooo rare! :D

Did the developer own the copyright to the game? I know sometimes it happens (think Jamie Fenton with Ms. Gorf, and that was put into the public domain anyway) but it's the rare exception, not the rule. Almost all these protos were works for hire and never should have left the lab. Only because of the turmoil surrounding the videogame crash and the subsequent layers of time and corporate bankruptcies and buyouts have these fallen into a legal no-man's land. I seriously doubt that, for instance, the Snow White repro was legit, as it tramples on both Atari's copyright and Disney's trademarks. These things just flew under the radar, that's all.

Fair enough, but in this case the developer did own the game. Furthermore, the CGE guys commissioned (paid) artist Scott Ross to develop artwork for the game...artwork which Hozer is using on the bootleg copies he's selling.

True. I forgot that part. So, does anyone like him? I don't recall hearing any good words about him.

He says:

Rick

True. I forgot that part. So, does anyone like him? I don't recall hearing any good words about him.

He says:

Rick

This is what I will say about Randy.

When I first went online back in 1995 Randy was online. At the time I couldn't believe the games that he was making. I happened to find a new Atari 2600 that same year with a bunch of new games at an Electonics clearance store in Branson. It kind of got me hooked on gaming again. When I first went online Randy's stuff was some of the first items I came across. I was shocked that Randy was making games that I had never heard of. I never did buy from him but he was nice enough to send me a catalog of his games and some free stuff. I know some people in the hobby don't care for him but he was nice to me.

I know that there are a lot of people on this site who have bought from him. His prices direct are pretty cheap but as others have said his labels tend to fall off and I had one of his games that I bought from someone else that didn't work.

I won't post his site but it is still up. His site shows pictures of his family and animals. He also has a picture of his church. I don't know if he runs the church or not but it kind of looks that way from his site. His prices are dirt cheap. I don't know how much parts are but he can't be making much if anything on the stuff. If I had to guess he makes these games because he enjoys it.

He says:

Rick

I don't know him and really don't care, one way or the other. Rick Weis likes him, so he has some good in him. :)