IGNORED

Adventure II and other protos on ebay!

I just noticed he put this up for auction. What on earth is it? Is it a game that was checked out in a library? Weird stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-DEMO-atari-car...alenotsupported

Look at the names on that list. It was from Atari's own internal library. Probably so programmers could see how another game played for ideas or maybe just for relaxation. Who knows?

Yes Adventure II is really Earthworld. I don't think a prototype with an actual Adventure II title screen exists, it was more of a code name than anything else. I've also seen Fireworld referred to as Adventure III

Tempest

Very exciting indeed. I really hope they don't get pulled now... The other thread about this was deleted :ponder:

Leave it to tweedle-dee and tweedle-dunce to start not one but two threads about protos on eBay. :roll:

I'm sure this thread will be gone soon.

Why would a thread about these get deleted mmm :ponder:

So the auctions don't get pulled. Most of the people that would actually buy these things already knew about them, there is no point in advertising them and risking eBay pulling the auctions.

So Gestapo ebay is watching us????? :-o :-o :-o

So the auctions don't get pulled. Most of the people that would actually buy these things already knew about them, there is no point in advertising them and risking eBay pulling the auctions.

I hope not, but they might be! The last proto on eBay that was advertized here was pulled the first or second day it was up.

I hope not, but they might be! The last proto on eBay that was advertized here was pulled the first or second day it was up.

The owner of these protos always make their money even if ebay pull the auction..........

Heaven knows why proto auctions routinely get yanked, yet Hozer's bootlegs seemingly don't.

Due to the recession eBay cut a lot of jobs and now they don't pull too many listings. It used to be that auctions were pulled all of the time. Now it seems like eBay doesn't really care anymore. You probably could list about anything on their site and they wouldn't pull it unless they were contacted by the authorities or of there was a court order.

Yes Adventure II is really Earthworld.
AFAIK the WIP title of SwordQuest EarthWorld was Adventure I and the WIP title of SwordQuest FireWorld was Adventure II:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...mp;NUM_IMAGE=16

The Ebay photo confirms this, btw:

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x226/ca...nt=DSCN7030.jpg

Adventure III must have been the WIP title of SwordQuest WaterWorld.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yes, I know.

But IMO it doesn't make sense.

8)

Actually calling Earthworld Adventure I doesn't make any sense to me because they already HAD an Adventure. I thought Earthworld started off as the sequel to Adventure, hence the Adventure II moniker.

Dan Hitchens or Tod Frye could clear this up... :)

Tempest

Actually calling Earthworld Adventure I doesn't make any sense to me because they already HAD an Adventure. I thought Earthworld started off as the sequel to Adventure, hence the Adventure II moniker.

That was always my understanding as well.