IGNORED

Adventure II and other protos on ebay!

I'm impressed by these prices. I consider them unsustainable.

As long as Wonder is constantly buying these things then they are sustainable.

He didn't win one of them. :ponder:

Wow, did he even bid? I have seen these go over $200 before but it's always because Wonder was the winning bidder. So I am not to sure to make of this.

As long as Wonder is constantly buying these things then they are sustainable.

He didn't win one of them. :ponder:

Wow, did he even bid? I have seen these go over $200 before but it's always because Wonder was the winning bidder. So I am not to sure to make of this.

I did not see his bid on any of them. I know Marc O. won one of them, ebay hiding ID's from collectors is futile. :P

Wonder007 didn't bid on any of these so far as I can tell (unless he used an alternate ID).

Of the auctions that have ended, the Frog Pond proto and Mini Golf library copy were won by the same bidder. All the others were won by different bidders. So unless someone was bidding with multiple ID's (which doesn't make much sense), then no one exactly cleaned house on these.

Wonder007 didn't bid on any of these so far as I can tell (unless he used an alternate ID).

Of the auctions that have ended, the Frog Pond proto and Mini Golf library copy were won by the same bidder. All the others were won by different bidders. So unless someone was bidding with multiple ID's (which doesn't make much sense), then no one exactly cleaned house on these.

He bid on the minigolf but lost. He wasn't the second highest bidder, so he wasn't really a factor in its final price ;) These prices are all ex Wonder007. I imagine he has them all except the library copy, which isnt a proto

Really? I think they're about average for Atari lab loaners. Frog pond goiing for $450 is about right for an unreleased game and the others are around $180. Rubics is a little high, but the moni golf is quite a "unique" item so i'm not suprise it sold for a bit

Prototype prices jump around like mad. In my book $300-$400 isn't unusual for an unreleased 2600 game and $75-$150 for a released one. Some of these were pretty unique though so I'm not surprised they went so high.

Tempest

The only one that surprises me is the Kaboom. I think it's pretty obvious it's a bootleg game with a lab loaner label, but if the empty lab loaner cart only sold for $36 why did this one fetch almost $500? It brought more than the unreleased titles. I think the name Adventure II was what sold that one, but I doubt it's as special as the price it sold for either. Most of the other prices seem in line to me.

I'm curious if the Mini golf game was an internal checkout from Atari considering the source of the other games from this lot. I kind of think it looks sloppy though. Wonder if it was a lab loaner cart inside or not?

The only one that surprises me is the Kaboom. I think it's pretty obvious it's a bootleg game with a lab loaner label, but if the empty lab loaner cart only sold for $36 why did this one fetch almost $500?

The curiosity of it all. I personally would not pay $500 (I only bid $165), but it certainly is an interesting find.

Could it be that David Crane (and other Activision employees) were developing the first Activision releases while still at Atari?

Well just for future reference I figured I'd list the prices so we can look back in a few years

Frog Pond $390

Miniature Golf demo? $217.50

both won by the same bidder

Adventure II $427.78

Star Raiders $131.38

Defender $117.50

Kaboom ??? $493

all won by the same bidder

Moon Patrol $80

Baseball $128.08

Rubik's Cube $449

Swordquest $172.50

Crazy Climber $187.50

Empty shell $36

all different winners

Not too bad. I hope my friend up north got the shell, I would have paid that but did not bid. The Moon Patrol seems good to me for $80 too.

Not owning any myself I kinda figure most anything under $100 isn't too bad a deal unless there are 100 of them. I actually like Moon Patrol so $80 seemed fair to me.

What about the Mini Golf though, $217? It has a standard cart, the box has a checkout card on it with a few names but that is it. I think that one was on the high side.

What about the Mini Golf though, $217? It has a standard cart, the box has a checkout card on it with a few names but that is it. I think that one was on the high side.

I agree, especially since he said (and showed a picture) he has a whole box of similar items.

Indeed. I agree with the prices overall, but a few of them are insane.

Kaboom ??? $493

I can't believe that someone actually paid that much for a pirated copy of Kaboom! that some Atari programmer stuck in a loaner case. :?

I can't believe that someone actually paid that much for a pirated copy of Kaboom! that some Atari programmer stuck in a loaner case. :?

You can´t know this! Maybe this cart/loaner is one of remaining evidences for our Atari involved pirate theory!!

You can´t know this! Maybe this cart/loaner is one of remaining evidences for our Atari involved pirate theory!!

I have a more probable theory - Atari wanted to know what the "competition" was up to. I bet tahts a standard Activision PCB in the cart, which was loaned out to programmers at Atari to show them the standard of games at Activision. ;)

I have a more probable theory - Atari wanted to know what the "competition" was up to. I bet tahts a standard Activision PCB in the cart, which was loaned out to programmers at Atari to show them the standard of games at Activision. ;)

Bah! This sounds unspectacular! I bet a 6 pack of VB that I am right..........lol

Rubics is a little high, but the moni golf is quite a "unique" item so i'm not suprise it sold for a bit

I disagree, there are more Frog Pond protos out there than Rubik's 3D. ;)

Yes, but one's released ond the others not. I personally would pay more for an unreleased game than a released game even if its a little less rare.

I don't think that an Activision PCB would fit in an Atari case too gracefully. It could be a pirate copy made by Atari to know what the competition was up to though.

Rubics is a little high, but the moni golf is quite a "unique" item so i'm not suprise it sold for a bit

Yes, but one's released ond the others not. I personally would pay more for an unreleased game than a released game even if its a little less rare.

Neither Frog Pond or Rubik's cube 3D were released ;)

:cool:

:dunce: