IGNORED

Adventure II and other protos on ebay!

I've seen several 3rd party games in Atari cases. Each time they've been exactly the same as the final. My best guess is that they were just personal copies for the developers. They had the equipment to copy games, why not use it?

I've seen Demon Attack, Freeway, and now Kaboom in Atari cases.

Tempest

Interesting, Freeway is also an early Activision game by David Crane :ponder:

As far as Kaboom, is it possible that this cartridge is evidence the Crane was working on that game while he was still at Atari?

I was thinking this too, but I am not sure if Atari used the loaner cartridge label back when Kaboom! was programmed. It would probably have a label like this, or no case at all.

hey, that's my Defender........ ;)

i think i had been biding 20$ on it .... hey CPU , how do you translate "dabei sein ist alles!" ? :D

Bist halt ein schlaues Kerlchen................

the right translation is actually: "The most important thing is not to win but to take part!" (by Pierre de Coubertin, used for the olympics)

:cool:

I prefer "winner takes all" :D

I got the ones I wanted... Adventure II, Kaboom, Star Raiders and Defender. I already have the other ones.

I did put in a bid on the Mini Golf check out card auction. However, I really did not heavily pursue it like the other ones (I really just wanted the protos).

The prices were pretty consistent to released and unreleased protos.

I am happy....I also got Pipster's protos so six protos in a week is not bad; I know, I know, some of you are saying, Pipster's protos are PAL. I got those because of the uniqueness of the labels and I do not have a Yar's Revenge proto (believe it or not). I do have a NTSC Submarine Commander proto but it is just the board with the eproms....it is always nice to get the cart shell as well.

Need the seventh one in a week to average a proto a day..... :cool:

+ the sealed Waterworld! :ponder:

True....that will look nice next to the Waterworld proto I own....... :)

Now, I need the Airworld proto....... that is my next mission.......... ;)

Edited by Wonder007