IGNORED

how to handle non-paying high bidders on ebay?

brett6400

same here, I will send 3 email + a payment remember (ebay option) then if no reply I will leave a negative feedback

Monday I left a negative feedback because he never contacted me after 10 days (4 email + 1 payment remember), then 1 hour after I received a paypal payment???

The guy never contacted me, only a paypal payment??? STRANGE

So I will send the item and wait to see if this buyer will give me a positive of negative feedback....

The deadbeat bidders usually have many negatives against their account, so soon enough their Ebay account will be booted and you won't have to worry about having that negative against you. If they have good feedback, email them again and explain the situation. Most people have some kind of excuse, possibly lost in the mail. I had one lady mail me a money order, and she didn't know the zip code (forgot to write it off my email) and the postal clerk wrote the wrong number. I got it like 1 month later, but I had her send another money order in the meantime.

Good luck.

Phil

i have the NPB situation right now. i've already filed and received a refund for the final auction fees. the NPB already has several negative feedback because of NPB. but as i understand it, even though retaliatory feedback is frowned upon, there is no way to prevent it or remove it ...unless you want to pay ebay for $20 to go through a SquareTrade mediator, and MAYBE get the retaliatory feedback removed.

has anyone ever managed to get negative feedback removed?

Out of 450 positives, I have one neg from a NPB. His account has -3 and is NARUed. I don't mind the neg, as my rating speaks for itself and my only neg is from an obvious idiot. I don't even worry about retalitory feedback anymore. And, if it IS retalitory, respond to the FB saying as such. That's what I did, and I invited buyers to go look at HIS FB and make their decisions.

Can't be afraid that "If I tell the truth, he'll tell a lie that'll hurt me." SCREW 'EM! NEG 'EM!

Oh yeah, be sure to apply for credit so eBay is wise to their idiocy. Three of those credits filed and the NPB is toast anyway.

To deal with non-paying bidders while avoiding retaliatory negative feedback (and I have several of these from back in the day) I use the same trick snipers use: I wait until the absolute last minute to leave feedback, then *pow*. I think you have 30 or 60 days to leave feedback, I forget exactly but you can look it up on eBay.

Eric

To deal with non-paying bidders while avoiding retaliatory negative feedback (and I have several of these from back in the day) I use the same trick snipers use: I wait until the absolute last minute to leave feedback, then *pow*.  I think you have 30 or 60 days to leave feedback, I forget exactly but you can look it up on eBay.

Eric

That is a very good idea. I have wanted to leave negative feedback a few times, but I feared the return negative. I have one 1 neg feedback from some jerk who got mad when I gave him negative. He has since been kicked off ebay.

yes, right now i believe you can only leave feedback when a transaction takes place. apparently in the early days of ebay, you could leave feedback for anyone for any reason.

i thought you could only leave feedback for 30 days, but this quote from ebay doesn't help much

Note:

Always leave feedback within 90 days after the end of the listing. After 90 days, the item may be removed from eBay, and you'll no longer be able to leave feedback.

i had planned to "snipe neg feedback" but who knows with this quote.

the npb has 30ish feedback and all positive, so i don't know...

Yes, I go the Italian way, though I've been leaning more towards the caning routine. And as for feedback, you have 90 days, so both 30 and 60 were wrong. You have 45 days to file a non-paying bidder alert, you must wait 10 additional days, then you can file for Final Credit. You have 60 days from auction end to get your Final Credit.

Like I said before, it's a lot easier to leave a negative fb against someone who already has several. My buddy has over 4000 positives, but 238 negatives against his account. Most people see that and they just drop a negative on him like it was nothing. THing is, he's a retaliatory type of guy, and sometimes these negatives are not justified.

He has written in his auctions certain details pertaining to his auction alone. Some lady was throwing a fit saying she wanted a $1.30 refund because she paid for insurance. He send his stuff using his airborne account. The merchandise is covered for $100 automatically, but she didn't believe him. I think she wants to leave him a negative, but he started threatening her.

There was this other time where this woman left him a negative because she won a Ghostbuster suspender. Thing is, it was only 1 suspender, it said it in the title Suspender, and in the auction it was stated CLEARLY that IT WAS ONE SUSPENDER. Yet she left him a negative anyway. She even went so far as calling his store and threatening him. When he started fighting back on the phone, she shut her trap.

There was also this one time, at band camp... sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, one time this woman called the local police that she won an auction paid for it, and 2 weeks later, she still didn't have it. It states in his auction 1-3 weeks for delivery. Better than that, it had already been on the way, she got it like 2 days later, but failed to contact the police stating this and my friend had to waste time talking to the detective a week later after the fact proving she got the merchandise.

Sometimes Ebay sucks royally. Ok, most of the time.

Phil

i just got this email about two weeks after the auction closed :?: :?: :?:

hi! i send off dozens of ebay payments weekly so you should get your payment soon.

sorry if i didn't contact you, it might have slipped my mind?

but the payment didn't!

once again don't worry and i apologize for not contacting you.

no need to file a complaint.(view my feedback it doesn't lie)

let me know that you got this e-mail.

oh well..............................