IGNORED

(Insert stupid Blog name here) - Saving $1.29

RSS Bot

If you've followed this blog at all, you'd know that I like "Weird Al" Yankovic's music.

Well, most of it. Some of his stuff just doesn't work (like pretty-much all of "Poodle Hat" :roll: ). But I have all of his albums, plus several DVDs featuring his music videos, TV series, movie, and a live concert. I even have the laserdisc version of The Compleat Al.

That said, I'm not going to buy his new digital-download single, "Craigslist".

Why?

Well, because it's a waste of a $1.29, that's why.

First of all, Al himself posted the music video for it on YouTube. You can even see it right here - for free:

Not bad. Not all that funny, but a spot-on Doors parody. (What is cool, is Ray Manzarek actually plays keyboards on it.)

The fact is, I'd rather hear Weird Al do more parodies of classic rock like this, than of the brainless schlock that passes for popular "music" now.

Anyway, now I've heard the song. And I can listen to it again whenever I want to. For free.

But that's not why I'm not buying it.

On his website, he says this is a preview of "songs from the next Weird Al album".

So a new album is in the works. Which I will buy when it comes out. And I'll pay for it then.

So my point is, why buy the same song twice?

On Al's MySpace page, he implores us to buy the single, so he can get on the charts this week with it, because he just missed getting on the charts with his last digital-download single.

Eh, whatever. Ain't my problem.

But feel free to help him out if you'd like.

Oh, and here's his other song he wanted you to buy a few months ago, that didn't chart. He also posted it for free (no actual video though):

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It's funnier than "Craigslist".

Enjoy!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6195