IGNORED

shadow460's Blog - Theme park accidents

RSS Bot

I've seen people walking down one coaster, and I've been stuck on another. Just today I saw a fellow lose his inner tube on an intense water slide.

When I was still pretty young we took a trip to California to visit my great aunt. While she was managing her restaurant therein Van Nuys, we were touring and going places like Universal Studios and Disneyland. The second day were were in Disneyland, something happened to the Matterhorn Bobsleds and folks had to walk down the mountain.

A few summers later, I was at Big Splash water park in Tulsa, OK, and I got stuck on one of the slides. It took me so long to work my way along that the person behind me crashed into me from behind.

Years later someone misjudged their tolerance and caused the Busch Gardens Europe crew to have to "perform minor housekeeping duties" about Apollo's Chariot. It was more than minor. My train sat in the block brakes for a good ten minutes in the cool Virginia evening while they cleaned up.

Just today as I climbed the seven story tower known as "the Bermuda Triangle", I saw a kid on the sidewall of one of the tube slides, and his tube was on the other side. He flipped over lengthwise before hitting the splash pool below. He got up and made his way to the exit no worse for the wear.

A couple of days ago I saw a kid lose his life jacket when he hit the water coming off of another slide. He'd been told he shouldn't slide with it, but he ignored the guards and went anyway. They got him out of the splash pool and he went on his way.

Fortunately I have never seen anyone hurt on any kind of ride, and don't really think about it much before I ride. Matter of fact, I'm going on the Bermuda Triangle again the next chance I get, even though I usually hit the wall several times no matter which of the five slides I ride down.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6194