IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Samurai Warrior (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

A beat'em up-adventure game from the makers of the Exploding Fist series:

usagiyojimbo.gif

Well, if you're anything like me, you've probably also had this lifelong dream of playing a swordfighting ninja rabbit in a video game. Hehe :lol:

A handful of path choices aside, our rabbit ninja called "Usagi Yojimbo" is usually moving rightwards through the scenery. Normally he's pretty friendly and will greet and talk to other NPCs and even donate money to the poor. Once he's attacked or ambushed though, he can switch into fighting mode by drawing his sword. Using a joypad, the controls felt a bit unresponsive, especially when fighting. I assume it's probably better with a joystick.

There's not that much content, still throughout the game there's always something new or surprising happening. A few more (multiload!) and better balanced levels and this could've been a real hit. So the average graphics and music get repetetive quick, which doesn't help them either.

In the end it's getting pretty hard, but once again I managed to beat it using lots of save-states ;)

usagiyojimbo_x.gif

Some future day the "Playing..." series may see another ninja rabbit game in the form of "International Ninja Rabbits", but first it will continue with something else.

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6199