IGNORED

PS3 DEAL thread.

moycon

Like the 360 deal thread.

Post all your decent deals here.

I'll start with Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare for $28.98

It's Amazon Gold Box deal of the day.

Check your Gold box.

Also going on right now for the next 2 hours only (or until they are gone)

PS3 version of Guitar Hero Metallica for $39.98 it's an Amazon lightning deal so act fast if you're interested.

Great idea and Im all for having a PS3 deal thread as well.

Today only:

Gold Box Deal Clues:

Prices & titles revealed at time (EST) listed below. Guesses in parenthesis.

9am - Slice and dice, bub (X-Men Origins Wolverine)

1pm - If only Jack Ryan had his wings. (HAWX)

3pm - Nothing Else Matters (GH: Metallica)

6pm - Prepare for the future. (Fallout 3)

9pm - Step into the ring with the 8th Wonder of the World (Legends of Wrestlemania)

I got Tom Clancy's HAWXS. The price was perfect for an arcadey flight sim :)

I only wish I had caught that one in time.

Man I tell you, it went fast. I watched it for about 30 min, checked back while I was at work, at it was 68% sold out and climbing. I bought it really fast and I'm glad I did. Went to gamestop today, and it's still 54.99 new there. Only deal that tops that on new games recently was best buy's cheap Singstar PS3 ABBA deal. ;)

I kinda wanted to try Fallout. That's a really good price for the collector's edition. But ah well. I'd rather spend the money on Infamous I think. Played the demo today and it looks more promising than Prototype did for me. I don't like how you can't easily jump down to street level without grabbing nearby buildings and poles instead, though. Hopefully that's better executed in the full game.

I'd rather spend the money on Infamous I think. Played the demo today and it looks more promising than Prototype did for me. I don't like how you can't easily jump down to street level without grabbing nearby buildings and poles instead, though. Hopefully that's better executed in the full game.

I'm not positive but I think if you push the circle button he drops straight down.

I'd rather spend the money on Infamous I think. Played the demo today and it looks more promising than Prototype did for me. I don't like how you can't easily jump down to street level without grabbing nearby buildings and poles instead, though. Hopefully that's better executed in the full game.

I'm not positive but I think if you push the circle button he drops straight down.

Hmm, alright. I'll have to try that when I purchase the game. I want to finish up Mortal Kombat VS DC and SW Unleashed first.

I kinda wanted to try Fallout. That's a really good price for the collector's edition.

You really need Fallout. I'm not going to need to buy another game for a very long time, it's pretty much perfect.

If you are thinking of buying Fallout 3 at all, I would really suggest waiting until this fall. Bethesda has announced that they are releasing the "Game of the Year Edition" which has the Fallout 3 game plus all of the DLC's for $59.99.

Then again, if you aren't interested in the DLC's at all, the Collectors Edition would be a great purchase at $59.99. I saw many copies of the PS3 Collectors Edition at Best Buy a few weeks ago at $60. Not sure if it was a sale or a price drop.

Mendon

If you are thinking of buying Fallout 3 at all, I would really suggest waiting until this fall. Bethesda has announced that they are releasing the "Game of the Year Edition" which has the Fallout 3 game plus all of the DLC's for $59.99.

Then again, if you aren't interested in the DLC's at all, the Collectors Edition would be a great purchase at $59.99. I saw many copies of the PS3 Collectors Edition at Best Buy a few weeks ago at $60. Not sure if it was a sale or a price drop.

Mendon

I guess what I don't get really is what you do in the game. Is it kinda like Infamous where you choose a side and do whatever you want in a way while doing missions but they can affect the outcome?

If they are similar (at least they seem that way), which would you prefer if you had to get one? Most games I have are pick up and play games, so the ones that require a lot more dedication seem to suffocate if I have too many to play at once.

I just need to wrap up playing the MK side of MK VS DC and play through H.A.W.K.S. before I get either one.

• 2 weeks later...