IGNORED

Poll - 7800 Role Playing Game (RPG)

GroovyBee

84 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a 7800 RPG?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you interested in helping to develop a 7800 RPG?

• Yes, I can help with coding
    • Yes, I can help with graphics
    • Yes, I can help with sound effects or music
    • Yes, I can help with level design
    • Yes, I can help with plot, background story, characters etc.
    • No, I can only give moral support

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I bet,more than 50 carts will be sold,if there is a good RPG for the 7800.

I think so too.

How about a Dungeon Master like game????

Based on the voting in the 7800 RPG style thread its going to be top down, solo adventure e.g. Zelda style. If you come up with your own scenario inspired by Dungeon Master then post it here and we'll include it in the scenario poll at the end of this week.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe I should add to the poll the style of RPG to go for e.g. Zelda, Dungeon Master etc. Can we start a list of styles?

I know this statement is rather old, but I felt the need to respond to it, and, by proxy, the requests for a "Zelda style RPG".

It needs to be stated, quite clearly, that The Legend of Zelda is NOT an RPG series. It is an action/adventure game series.

There is a substantial difference between the two game genres, although they are close.

The main difference is that there is a higher level of character customization in RPGs, primarily through stat based upgrades.

Such upgrades can either be tied to items (in which there would be note of stat value), can be assigned to attributes at random (JRPGs

like Final Fantasy do this), or can be directly assigned to different attributes (as most WRPGs do).

In action/adventure games, the focus shifts from character customization and errs more toward adventure game elements, primarily

exploration, item hunting, and environmental and/or logic puzzles. LoZ falls into this action/adventure category.

I know it's a bit nitpicky, and some will attempt to argue otherwise, but as LoZ is NOT an RPG, action/RPG or otherwise, but rather an

action/adventure, I feel it would be best suited for this topic not to include that style of game as an option. Rather, actual RPGs should be

the focus. And that is by no means limiting.

WRPGs (or computer RPGs) are quite extensive. They can range anywhere from the overhead Ultima games to the first person dungeon

crawlers like Catacombs to stuff like Diablo which used a point and click interface and even go as far as something like Elder Scrolls.

JRPGs can run the gamut from turn based story heavy party based games like Final Fantasy to SRPGs where one controls a party but the

game is focused more on combat scenarios in differing terrain (Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars, and Shining Force come to mind) to action/RPGs

like Crystalis or Star Ocean.

Again, LoZ =/= RPG. Well, except for the "black sheep" of the series (not counting the Cd-i games, which are not even counted by Nintendo):

Zelda II. That game had actual RPG elements.

I feel it would be best suited for this topic not to include that style of game as an option.

The people already voted in this thread :-

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=146158

"Zelda style" was the outright winner.

Yeah...just saw that.

Like I stated, I'm late to this thread. :(

Too bad. I had come up with a cool scenario.