IGNORED

Well... goodness... it has been a minute

Cousin Vinnie

Hello, fellow Prosystemers (I just coined that term- yes... it was me)! It's been about a year since I have stuck my head in here. Also, I just realized that someone took down my website :( And that sux.

I see that there are some awesome developments in the 7800 library of homebrews and hacks.... The last thing I got was Space Duel. What else has come down the pike since then????

I'm going to be my site up again, too.... for anyone who cares.

Here are Atari 7800 games that have been released since Space Duel:

Space Invaders

Super Pac-man

Jr. Pac-man

Beef Drop VE (don't know if you mentioned the non pokey version)

Jr. Pac-man

Wasp!

Space Invaders Birthday Vector Edition

WASP! Birthday Edition

Update Ms. Pac-man by PacManPlus

Hacks that have been made ( I don't think they were released on cartridge though):

Pepsi

Timeakt

Edited by 8th lutz

Here are Atari 7800 games that have been released since Space Duel:

Space Invaders

Super Pac-man

Jr. Pac-man

Beef Drop VE (don't know if you mentioned the non pokey version)

Jr. Pac-man

Wasp!

Space Invaders Birthday Vector Edition

WASP! Birthday Edition

Update Ms. Pac-man by PacManPlus

Hacks that have been made ( I don't think they were released on cartridge though):

Pepsi

Timeakt

You listed Jr. Pacman twice, but to cover up the error we'll pretend one of them was the "with ram" version and one was the "without ram" version. ;) I still haven't had a chance to hook up my 7800 to play it myself. No incentive to play -any- video games since Thursday. :sad:

Additionally Curt's going to be working on an expansion module. Well worth the look into. :)

Just too many titles coming out for the 7800 in so short a time lately. I love it. :cool:

Hey cuz,is your review site still up,and will you or have you reviewed 7800 M.I.A. yet,like you said you would a long while back?Great work reviewing btw.I recently tried going to your review site and it was gone.Edit,just found the answer to whether your site will be up again, ABOVE,i will try again.

Edited by Rik

Where the hell have you been? Christ, I had always relied on your reviews to see what the REAL DEAL is, and you just dropped off the face of the earth. Since you have been gone, PacMacPlus and others have been killing some arcade repros and there have been some epic releases, each of which I was fully expecting you to review, with flying colors cuz they kick ass. I mean, like others have said, Plutos, Sirius, Super Pac-Man, now Jr. Pac-Man, M.I.A, Space Invaders, etc....we are talking some really good shit here, and one of the all time stalwarts/supporters/backers has dissapeared into thin air. Well, hope you can come back and get into it again, cuz the 7800 is flourishing again like never before. Thanks to all the programmers and hard work from the community, let's keep this raging because the system is just proving that it was and is one of the best and will continue to be from a grassroots standpoint for the long term. These programmers are really putting out some quality stuff, and hopefully will continue to branch out in all sorts of genres of games. What's even better is that they keep on reaching out to this community for feedback and updates to see what people want, what people think of current progress, and when to pull the trigger on releases. We couldn't ask for more and I wish there was more we could do to thank the tireless work that these guys do. Cuz' the games are kicking some serious ass and bringing inspiration back to old school gaming.

7800 - The new old school.

You forgot Harry's Hen House. It needs a revamp before it gets released in a form that can run on the 7800 (its working on my PAL hardware). There's also the 7800 birthday game I'm working on which is now called Apple Snaffle.

Finally theres the "C" development system that provided the engines to Wasp! and Harry's Hen House. Hopefully it'll get released in the next few months.

Edited by GroovyBee

I'm going to be my site up again, too.... for anyone who cares.

Who on here could not care? It's the best source for 7800 reviews on the internet. I was looking forward to reviews for the newer releases before the updates stopped.

I never did get time to write the "how to" for Super Huey (thesis, new baby, new house, new job), but I have some video of the ending I linked to on here, and I could probably record a successful run if you're looking to add new stuff.