IGNORED

Please help

Inky

Even if that auction's legit, I don't find it to be in good taste. I have a hard time swallowing that it's legit given the # of typos and the confusing facts; even if it is the "seller" is basically using eBay as a publicity stunt. If the alleged little girl is really this sick, there are much better ways. It just reads like a million and one spam mails I get to donate money for a kidney transplant, et cetera, and for every 1 that's genuine you have to believe 999 are frauds. That's why I donate money to CHARITIES, not to people.

Even if that auction's legit, I don't find it to be in good taste.  I have a hard time swallowing that it's legit given the # of typos and the confusing facts; even if it is the "seller" is basically using eBay as a publicity stunt.  If the alleged little girl is really this sick, there are much better ways.  It just reads like a million and one spam mails I get to donate money for a kidney transplant, et cetera, and for every 1 that's genuine you have to believe 999 are frauds.  That's why I donate money to CHARITIES, not to people.

This one is legit. The guy who wrote it sits in my cubicle at work, and he makes a awful lot of typos. He has also told me about the situation. He asked me to put it up here.

Sorry for the girl also but being very close to the medical profession I have never in my life heard of a $10,000 up front before being admitted. That is more than a litle fishy.Also if this is legit you best option would be to get on the web and Locate you closest Shriners Hospital. They will help immediatley with top notch and first class facilites and cost is a non-factor.

I agree with Tom. My family are active participants in the Shriners and by default, the Masons. If you present your case to the Shriners, they will respond quickly and with your best alternatives. They have been doing the Shriner Children hospitals for longer than most of us have been alive!!!!

My wife and I make a meager donation to them every year, and always attend the circus' they put on with the money going to the childrens hospitals.

Best Regards, Julian Scott

PS Inky, have your friend seriously look into this. It is a much better option than using Ebay for unintended purposes, and most people are truly willing to help a guaranteed organization, before putting their faith into an unknown individual.

PS Inky, have your friend seriously look into this. It is a much better option than using Ebay for unintended purposes, and most people are truly willing to help a guaranteed organization, before putting their faith into an unknown individual.

Perzactly. Just what I wanted to say, but written much better. :D

Your friend should contact his state to see if he can get Medicaid for his daughter. There are a number of states that offer Medicaid for children, even for middle income families, and Medicaid would cover a pre-existing condition. Your friend could also contact Children's Hospital in St. Louis. Their number is 314-454-6000. It is one of the best hospitals for kids in the country and they will not turn kids away who do not have health insurance.

A raffle conducted by an individual is illegal in most states. I can understand why your friend is doing what he is doing, but please inform him that he has other options.