IGNORED

SNES XBand Modem and Keyboard...eBay

WilsonCat

But what can you do with it other than collect it? Really, if it has a purpose I'd be interested.

At this point, that is pretty much all you can do with it. You can still boot XBAND and run our OS, and you could write an e-mail with the keyboard I suppose, but you couldn't send it to the server.

There was someone whom was trying to reverse engineer the system enough so he could get the peer-to-peer connections working again, but I don't think he got very far.

I still have two development cards that boot, but because of being so old now, the battery-backed SRAM has cleared, so it doesn't have the last patch still in it.

--Selgus

Yeah, not much use other than collecting. I figured someone out there would want it. Someone asked about the "cards" for the modem. I never needed one, do you have any idea what the cards were for?

Edited by WilsonCat

Yeah, not much use other than collecting. I figured someone out there would want it. Someone asked about the "cards" for the modem. I never needed one, do you have any idea what the cards were for?

We originally were going to do smartcards for the modem (there is a slot on the front of them for it), but I don't know if we ever released them or not.

--Selgus

I knew there was a slot there but never knew why. Do you know what the smart cards purpose would have been? Account info?

It was for adding credits to your account. The original business model was you set up a monthly account, which got you a certain number of credits each month. You could add more via smartcards, and pre-pay for them.

--Selgus

I knew there was a slot there but never knew why. Do you know what the smart cards purpose would have been? Account info?

It was for adding credits to your account. The original business model was you set up a monthly account, which got you a certain number of credits each month. You could add more via smartcards, and pre-pay for them.

--Selgus

That didn't last very long, and I got my Xband pretty early in the cycle too...everything was paying for long distance calls to get players in the Genesis days...SNES was XBAND Nationwide at 3.95 an hour when that came out I think.