IGNORED

Game finishing club?

Atarifever

Hey, I've been looking for a good reason to try to finish stuff like Commando and Impossible Mission, and to refinish stuff like Super Huey and Midnight Mutants. Anyone up for a "who can finish the most 7800 games" challenge? Say something that runs for a few months or a year, where you provide a picture of each "ending" screen in any 7800 games you finish (this would have to be games that it is possible to complete, and not stuff that loops). I was thinking it'd be very long (like a year) and would have no other timetable (no "finish Super Huey in November" type thing) so that it would not in any way interfere with the HSC. Anyone interested in something like that?

Sounds good to me... but I guess it's not getting much reaction. :)

I'm not sure I actually own any games that have an ending.

Yeah, looks like it's not a particularly popular idea. Perhaps most people have already finished all the finishable games and had zero fun doing it the first time or not enough to want to do it again?

Yeah, looks like it's not a particularly popular idea. Perhaps most people have already finished all the finishable games and had zero fun doing it the first time or not enough to want to do it again?

Just the opposite for me. I don't have the patience to finish a game when I have 400 other Atari games that need playing. It's like Attention Deficit Disorder, "Oh look, Spacemaster X-7."

Just the opposite for me. I don't have the patience to finish a game when I have 400 other Atari games that need playing. It's like Attention Deficit Disorder, "Oh look, Spacemaster X-7."

wolund't that be Atari Deficit Disorder?

I'd be game for this. How many games are we looking at anyhow? Can't be more than a dozen or so. Also to add more flavor (and play time) it would be cool to have a "minimum score" to reach as an equal to completing games that don't have an ending so that every game in the library can be used for this challange.

Sounds good to me... but I guess it's not getting much reaction. :)

I'm not sure I actually own any games that have an ending.

It's not so much an unpopular idea with me, except that I'm already challenging myself with completing games (as seen on my website with my Games Complete list!) and my queue isn't platform specific. More PS2 and NES games are getting done right now than other systems but that's because I tend to have more for those consoles than others. :)

I'd be game for this. How many games are we looking at anyhow? Can't be more than a dozen or so. Also to add more flavor (and play time) it would be cool to have a "minimum score" to reach as an equal to completing games that don't have an ending so that every game in the library can be used for this challange.

Now that's something I could go for. In order to not interfere with the HSC, perhaps Darth could post the challenge score with the HSC games. I think something like Desert Falcon and Dark Chambers could probably have levels set (finish Z in Dark Chambers for example).

How about a game players club :D around here that is askin' allot :rolling: I try to play a game in my collection I have never played before (all platforms) once every day, even if it is the last thing I do every day before bed. Sometimes that means I go to be very late (if its lots of fun).

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Great idea,but I wouldnt be a good contender I'm afraid.AFAIK,the only "beatable" 7800 game I have is Midnight Mutants,and after 1 year,still cant get past the 1st boss in the Cemetary,pretty pathetic..I know! :x

Great idea,but I wouldnt be a good contender I'm afraid.AFAIK,the only "beatable" 7800 game I have is Midnight Mutants,and after 1 year,still cant get past the 1st boss in the Cemetary,pretty pathetic..I know! :x

THE trick: Find as many of the diamonds (I believe that's what they were, haven't played since I finished it) as possible before going after any boss. I think you can also get a pretty decent weapon before having to fight even the first boss. You should be able to waltz all over the first boss, and not have much problem with the second.

wouldn't that be Atari Deficit Disorder?

I think you have diagnosed a new ailment/term for the Atari universe. :D I've got that one bad. I wonder if there is any cure?

THE trick: Find as many of the diamonds (I believe that's what they were, haven't played since I finished it) as possible before going after any boss. I think you can also get a pretty decent weapon before having to fight even the first boss. You should be able to waltz all over the first boss, and not have much problem with the second.

Yeah,i know about getting the maximum amount of diamonds to get more strength,did that.The strongest weapon I've been able to find to fight the 1st boss is the AXE,that i found in the cabin in front of healing well.The boss's strength line is so goddamn long!!Is there a more powerful weapon i can get that i might have overlooked or missed?

Edited by Rik

Yeah,i know about getting the maximum amount of diamonds to get more strength,did that.The strongest weapon I've been able to find to fight the 1st boss is the AXE,that i found in the cabin in front of healing well.The boss's strength line is so goddamn long!!Is there a more powerful weapon i can get that i might have overlooked or missed?

You could always be lazy and read the walkthrough. :D

Mitch

You could always be lazy and read the walkthrough. :D

Mitch

Yeah,i know theres a walkthrough,but a walkthrough will reveal too much,just wanted a little info on how to at least get passed or beat the 1st boss.Im the type that looks at a walkthrough and HAS to see the whole thing,and ruin it,just want a clue,not the whole solution.It might just come down to taking the tip by Atarifever above and do it with elbow grease!I heard there was a map included with the game anyway(got mine loose),so yeah maybe ill just take a look Edited by Rik

wolund't that be Atari Deficit Disorder?

He has 400 atari games. That's definitely no deficit.

He has 400 atari games. That's definitely no deficit.

I don't think very many of us suffer from THAT disorder :lol:

Trust me, it sneaks up on you. About 4 1/2 years ago I started with a 4-switch 2600 and 12 boxed games. Last count I am up to 422, all unique titles for that Atari system. I never thought I would own that many, but there just seems no end to games that I want.

Ironically, my screen name is based on the fact that I see quite a few AA members with collections/items that I am envious of.

Breakdown:

Atari 2600, 326 games:

244 CIB

72 Cart w\manual

10 Cart only

Atari 5200, 47 games:

39 CIB

8 Cart only

Atari 7800, 49 games:

44 CIB

5 Cart w\manual

I have some Intellivision, C64 and Apple II systems and games, but the Atari stuff is my pride and joy.