IGNORED

Crossbow not working on my CC2

doctorclu

Not sure why, but Crossbow is not working on my CC2.

I updated the binary, and I checked another game that uses the 78SC_Big load (Alien Brigade) and that other game loaded fine. Giving me an MMC error of 08. Any idea what could be going on with that?

Speaking of Alien Brigade, interesting game. How do you activate the light gun for that?

Edited by doctorclu

Not sure why, but Crossbow is not working on my CC2.

I updated the binary, and I checked another game that uses the 78SC_Big load (Alien Brigade) and that other game loaded fine. Giving me an MMC error of 08. Any idea what could be going on with that?

Speaking of Alien Brigade, interesting game. How do you activate the light gun for that?

Hmm, can you check and see if your copy of Crossbow is the same as the alternate CC2 version listed about half way down this page?

To activate the gun in Alien Brigade you need to have the gun plugged in and shoot the screen. It should auto-detect that it is the gun.

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, that got me a bit further. It loads, and then the startup screen crashes, almost like it is trying to load in PAL mode (and I have NTSC). Sound makes a high continuous beep.

Thanks Mitch, that got me a bit further. It loads, and then the startup screen crashes, almost like it is trying to load in PAL mode (and I have NTSC). Sound makes a high continuous beep.

You did grab the one that specifically says it for the CC2 that's half way down the page and not the one in the main list, right?

Mitch

You did grab the one that specifically says it for the CC2 that's half way down the page and not the one in the main list, right?

Mitch

Mitch, the NTSC image didn't work at first. The Pal one didn't of course. Then the NTSC image did.

So long story short, thanks for the advice! Works now.

Mitch

Mitch, the NTSC image didn't work at first. The Pal one didn't of course. Then the NTSC image did.

So long story short, thanks for the advice! Works now.

Glad you got it working. :)

There are two NTSC BINs on that page only one of which will work on the CC2, that's why I was asking. ;)

Mitch

post-11930-1247210385_thumb.png

pretty much the only thing you can do :D

The Sega guns work a little better, but you have to mod them. Also try turning the brightness up on your CRT, that can help too

Alternative is to use the Wii prosystem emulator and a Wiimote as a light gun

Edited by mimo

What is the range for the XE light gun?Mine works great,but if im more than 3 feet away from tv,forget it,the accuracy goes down the tubes.Shouldnt you be able to be at LEAST 4-5 feet from TV?