IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - 2600 #3

RSS Bot

At my local used video game store, a 2600 had been sitting there for a few weeks with nobody buying it. So I did. When I got it home, I noticed its COLOR/BW switch was broken (luckily, it's set to COLOR). Apart from that, the thing works good. It also had two driving controllers with it, as well as 5 common games (Enduro, Space Jockey, Dodge 'Em, Fire Fighter and Asteroids). I've never seen driving controllers before, and I tested one out and it works fine. I haven't tried the other one yet. There was also a Lynx there with one game which wasn't there the last time, but I passed on it for right now because the one game was Gates of Zendocon. That and they wanted $60 for it! I wonder if these people do their homework when pricing these things or do they just say "Gee, I've never seen one of these before, must be rare, I'll put it on sale for a really high price." So all in all, it was a fun trip to the store. I'm also wondering if it's possible to replace switches on the 2600 console from another one, say a dead 2600, take the switches off and somehow put them into a working one? This will be my back-up system, so when the first one I have bites the dust, I'll have another one ready to go.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6253