IGNORED

INtelly Coolness

hhwolfman

Not good when the seller says "I tried to fire it up to take screen shots of the games, but couldn't get it to work consistently". Games look dull too :lol:.

It's a common problem with the keyboard units (or so I hear). They were very problematic. I'd love something like this, but I just couldn't justify spending $1000+ on something that would sit on a shelf and collect dust (well not with the dust cover I guess). I'm sure some serious Intellivision collector will make off with this and be happy. :)

Tempest

How many of these are around? I remember years ago Jerry G having the only one I knew of, but I haven't been following Intellivision much.

Steve

4,000 were made, but most were returned. I'd guess under 50. I personally know of 6 in various collectors hands.

Tempest

So who wins this item? The high bidder on CTCW or Ebay? I don't get it.

LOL

I'm sure it will endup with a side offer.

Then they should sell it here for a fixed price. Putting it on Ebay with no intention of letting the auction run it's course is super lame.

I emailed the seller, but have yet to hear from him. Does anybody know him and can vouch for his credibility?

I don't know him, but did notice his CTCW account name is listed in his feedback profile in the past so I would guess he's a shill bidder just from that. With ebay's hidden bidder system, you might still be bidding against a shill right now. The fact he's now got this running on 2 different auction sites doesn't look good either.

On the plus side, if you pay with paypal, he shouldn't receive any money until the item has shipped and there's tracking info. Since his account has so few sells of late. That's a new precaution ebay/paypal takes to prevent fraud. They can hold funds up to 21 days, but I believe they will often let them go once a valid tracking number has been submitted. Whether you get an empty box in the mail or this setup, still you might not know.

Really awesome setup too! Of the 6 or so that's known to exist, how many have all the tapes? Or are the tapes more common? I've seen the component before, but don't recall all the tapes that work with it.

I could only assume he's letting the ebay auction get full exposure before ending early and redirecting to the CTCW site. To save some money on auction fees? It doesn't hurt to have 2 running simultaneously as long as he closes one before it's all over. If he lets them both run to close he's gonna have some explaining to do.