IGNORED

INtelly Coolness

hhwolfman

Check out what the high bidder had as his max bid before canceling and re-bidding for some reason:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110412980470

I'm the other bidder but I know there is no way that is selling for less than $3000.

y-bot

]

Your kidding right. :? For a non working unit. :roll: Have at it. I think $1800 is abusrd. HHW

I emailed the seller, but have yet to hear from him. Does anybody know him and can vouch for his credibility?

I can vouch for him. Not sure why he set it up on both sites like this. We have been talking for the past few months about getting it running on the Chuckwagon. I think in his mind he is helping with the exposure to the Chuckwagon but I would have preferred it get listing on the Chuckwagon only. Not really sure how he is going to handle the sale at this point.

Check out what the high bidder had as his max bid before canceling and re-bidding for some reason:

I'm the other bidder but I know there is no way that is selling for less than $3000.

y-bot

]

Your kidding right. :? For a non working unit. :roll: Have at it. I think $1800 is abusrd. HHW

Think about it the boxed games could easily sell for 300.00 ea. or more , the Boxed Basic probably 500.00

the boxed data cassetts another 200.00 at least & the dust cover 100.00 thats 2400.00 and we still have not

included the system and even in a non working condition its worth 600 .

3000.00 seems like a good deal considering you are never going to put this set together for anything less

FND

I emailed the seller, but have yet to hear from him. Does anybody know him and can vouch for his credibility?

I can vouch for him. Not sure why he set it up on both sites like this. We have been talking for the past few months about getting it running on the Chuckwagon. I think in his mind he is helping with the exposure to the Chuckwagon but I would have preferred it get listing on the Chuckwagon only. Not really sure how he is going to handle the sale at this point.

He just will cancel the auction, no big deal. HHW

y-bot

]

Think about it the boxed games could easily sell for 300.00 ea. or more , the Boxed Basic probably 500.00

the boxed data cassetts another 200.00 at least & the dust cover 100.00 thats 2400.00 and we still have not

3000.00 seems like a good deal considering you are never going to put this set together for anything less

FND

Good luck. If there is no hanky panky, It would go for around $1500, but this is not the case. HHW

Edited by hhwolfman

y-bot

]

FND

Good luck. If there is no hanky panky, It would go for around $1500, but this is not the case. HHW

I will go on record and offer 3000.00 right now, I would be happy to buy it at that price.

I can assure you there is no way this collection would only sell for 1500

The working one at CGE with dubbed copies of the games sold for $3200 or something like that. If I had some extra dough right now I'd pay $3000 as well.

I'm bidding, please watch out. I'm resorting to threats! I'm trying to create an aura of bidding intimidation like Wonder does without really trying.

The one at CGE had some boxed titles (undisclosed, promised by Keith of INTV prod at a later date, which worked against the auction in my eyes) and a boxed unit that worked completely. I probably could have bid that up, but I'd already spent too much at CGE that year, and the uncertainty of the titles didn't help. Who knows, maybe it included a one of a kind item?

This unit is as-is, untested, and has most of the titles boxed, but is missing a few and has no system box. The original box is a shipping type brown box, and there are at least three that I know of. That is not included with this auction, as far as we know.

I would guess that there are more than 20 in collector's hands. I know of 6 personally, which means there are many more out there. It's super desirable, but they come up occasionally, and the prices aren't rising, they may be dropping if anything. I suspect these will exchange hands in the future as well. I am just after the software. The keyboard will be a spare if I win it, but if it works better than my units, I'll keep it and eventually pass on a unit. Or maybe I'll just relish in having 3 KCs at once.

These units have a strong tendency to have a broken tape drive, it has a really high failure rate. I think that there are only 2 known working tape drives. I think the tape drive uses some form of multitracking that has made dumping tapes and fixing the units a major problem.

Edited by ianoid

Probably the most confusing auction I've seen. I never heard back from the seller, and would have topped the winning bid if I had some response. Of course, the Chuckwagon auction is still technically running, but his note there makes it clear he is going to honor the ebay one.

Well, it's hard to say what the deal was. I just bought one of those boxed for $250. The prices for those vary wildly. Finding the right buyer to pay more than $500 is an art more than a simple, "if you list it they will come" proposition.

I would say that the dust cover and 'prototype' tape were a big influence. I think that historically the buyers paid a little much. That doesn't mean that you couldn't part it out for more. I just think that the auctions on eBay in the past haven't been in massive excess of what we saw.

I got squashed, I don't even know if my bid went through. Needless to say, I was bidding under $4k.

There are some big spenders out there, but my belief is that most of them these days are overseas.

Well, it's hard to say what the deal was. I just bought one of those boxed for $250. The prices for those vary wildly. Finding the right buyer to pay more than $500 is an art more than a simple, "if you list it they will come" proposition.

I would say that the dust cover and 'prototype' tape were a big influence. I think that historically the buyers paid a little much. That doesn't mean that you couldn't part it out for more. I just think that the auctions on eBay in the past haven't been in massive excess of what we saw.

I got squashed, I don't even know if my bid went through. Needless to say, I was bidding under $4k.

There are some big spenders out there, but my belief is that most of them these days are overseas.

I think I sold all mine overseas. A couple guys knew I had them and would email from time to time asking if I would sell. I'm thinking the dollar was at all time low vs the euro when I sold which might have made the difference.

I think I sold all mine overseas. A couple guys knew I had them and would email from time to time asking if I would sell. I'm thinking the dollar was at all time low vs the euro when I sold which might have made the difference.

That makes a huge difference. When it's 2 dollars to the pound or 1.50 dollars to the euro, it's a big discount.