IGNORED

A lot of big Dreamers on ebay.

hhwolfman

I dunno, I'm starting to think they may be right... It only takes one!

Witness the basic Falcon that went for $900 recently.

We have talked about this before. You are correct. It is just a shame for someone( not me I have them all) that is willing to pay the $60-$70 for these, that can't. Oh well. What are they going to put the Swords of Saros and Survival Island at $500 BIN Each. :roll:

What are Sword of Saros and Survival Island worth? I have both of these....with instructions that I bought many years ago. Forgot what I paid. I have an extra of one of these (have to go through my inventory). May be willing to part with it if the amount is right.

You were never a cheap bastard when you were bidding against me for rare Atari games :cool: . Wish you would have been. Some day in the very near future though Wonder007 and the other guys with money are gonna start having to compete against me. I was in a major accident (hit by two semis) Crash News Coverage and after a two week jury trial received a very large verdict. Hope to collect in the near future. As horrible as this was, it will enable me to fill major gaps in my collection. See, I am a glass half full kinda guy.

I never really thought about mentioning it on AtariAge, though I have been a member of the site for awhile and believe I have some hobby related friends. It was a pretty messed up deal. Took me about 6 months to learn to walk again. Now I can walk, but have a distinct limp and can't stand or walk for any length of time. I used to run a lot and can no longer do that. I have also been out of work for quite awhile. I was a commercial banker before the accident, but while I was out of work the bottom dropped out of the banking industry and it has been hard to find a job. Hopefully things will improve. I have had to sell a few of my Atari games during the period when I couldn't work, but managed to hold on to the rarest ones and hope to eventually add some R9s and R10s. By the way, the surgeon mentioned in the article came to the scene to cut my legs off. I was trapped and they couldn't get me out and I was bleeding to death and getting hypothermia from the snow and cold and they couldn't give me any pain meds. The paramedics were legendary heroes though. They finally managed to saw my legs out of the truck. My feet went through the floor boards. Fun, fun.

Holy crap. I mean... holy crap...

Having your daughter in the car too... I can only shake my head.

Wow.

Well on that incredibly sobering note, I am hugging my kids and am off to bed.

I just lost three auctions tonight on games I need. If you are the one beating me, feel free to

beat me every friggin' time. You deserve it after that mess.

Did I say wow? Wow.

I never really thought about mentioning it on AtariAge, though I have been a member of the site for awhile and believe I have some hobby related friends. It was a pretty messed up deal. Took me about 6 months to learn to walk again. Now I can walk, but have a distinct limp and can't stand or walk for any length of time. I used to run a lot and can no longer do that. I have also been out of work for quite awhile. I was a commercial banker before the accident, but while I was out of work the bottom dropped out of the banking industry and it has been hard to find a job. Hopefully things will improve. I have had to sell a few of my Atari games during the period when I couldn't work, but managed to hold on to the rarest ones and hope to eventually add some R9s and R10s. By the way, the surgeon mentioned in the article came to the scene to cut my legs off. I was trapped and they couldn't get me out and I was bleeding to death and getting hypothermia from the snow and cold and they couldn't give me any pain meds. The paramedics were legendary heroes though. They finally managed to saw my legs out of the truck. My feet went through the floor boards. Fun, fun.

Wow dude. Just Wow. Hope the kid isn't too messed up in the head from it. We had a minor fender bender when my daughters were younger and they still talk about it.

:D On a happier note, when you do start collecting, try to go for one of each instead of every copy, and leave some goodies for the rest of us ya high roller you :evil:

AX

I dunno, I'm starting to think they may be right... It only takes one!

Witness the basic Falcon that went for $900 recently.

Wow that is a lot! There is a boxed/never used one on ebay somewhere I saw for a lot less.

With these things it all comes down to what people are willing to pay, if sellers put them on at double what they go for in a normal auction using the B.I.N. format and offer people the ability to make an offer that's fair enough. Normal auctions are full of skinflint bums and hobos bidding $1 extra in the last 6 seconds ;)

Anyone want to buy my broken 7800 for $150 let me know LOL

I agree with ya on the 2nd hardest box to get. I have to check my notes but I don't recall them selling for over $150. I could be wrong. My memory has not been the best as of late. I guess the $20 I paid for mine CIB a couple weeks ago, was a better deal, than I thought. :grin: :grin:

The last Springer boxed that I remember seeing went for over $200. That is still one that I need for my collection. I have the loose cart, but the box has been a trick. Thanks everyone for the kind words about my accident. Luckily in this country, commercial trucks are required to have a minimum of $750,000 in insurance. I will eventually have some money though totally broke at the moment. My daughter is ok, she was seatbelted and was in a booster seat. She only had some bruising and abrasions from the seatbelt. She doesn't seem to have been overly traumatized but she still talks about being taken in the ambulance to the hospital and having the CAT scan. She gets a little scared of semis when we drive by them. She is mostly upset that I can no longer do things with her (like hiking) that we did before the accident.