IGNORED

What rumor mill Atari 7800 games you wish existed during its life?

8th lutz

What rumor mill Atari 7800 games you wish existed during its life?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What rumor mill Atari 7800 games you wish existed during its life?

• Airball (based on computer game)
    • Alien Vs. Predator
    • Badlands Pete
    • Black Lamp (based on Atari St version)
    • Bounce Back
    • Breckneck
    • Brute
    • Capone
    • Chess
    • Cloak & Dagger (based on Arcade game)
    • Crime Buster (based on Atari XEGS game)
    • Crystal Castles (prototype of the game isn't found yet)
    • Deflektor (based on Computer game, Atari XE prototype)
    • Demolition Derby
    • Double Dunk (based on Atari 2600 game)
    • The Eidolon (based on computer game)
    • Electrocop
    • Elevator Action (based on Arcade game)
    • Eliminator
    • F-16 Falcon
    • Final Lap Based on Arcade game)
    • Garfield
    • Gauntlet (based on Arcade game)
    • Ghostbusters
    • Gremlins
  2. 2. What rumor mill Atari 7800 games you wish existed during its life?

• Hell Raider (based on Atari St game)
    • Jungle Hunt (based on Arcade game)
    • Karate
    • Lode Runner (based on computer game)
    • Medi Maze (based on Atari St Game)
    • Midnight Magic (based of Atari 2600 game and other versions of it)
    • Moon Patrol (based on arcade game)
    • Night of the Ninja (planned Froggo game)
    • Peasant King
    • Peek -a-Boo
    • Prince (Based on Atari st game, but wasn't based on the musician)
    • Pyromania (planned Froggo game)
    • Quest for Quintana Roo
    • River Raid (planned by Activision)
    • Road Riot 4WD (based on arcade game)
    • Sarge
    • Scorpion Squad (planned Froggo game)
    • Shooting Arcade
    • Sprintmaster (Based on arcade game Super Sprint)
    • Star Breaker (based on Atari St game )
    • Stargate (based on Arcade game)
    • Steel Talons (based on Arcade game)
    • Super Soccer
    • Tempest (based on arcade game)
    • Thunder Fox (Based off Arcade game or Atari XEGS game)
  3. 3. What rumor mill Atari 7800 games you wish existed during its life?

• Time Lords pf Xantac ("Legend of Zelda" style game
    • Toki (based on arcade game)
    • Track & Field (based on Arcade game)
    • Turrican (based on computer game/game on other game consoles)
    • UFO (Atari version)
    • UFO (Froggo version)
    • White Water Madness
    • Xenon (based off Computer game)
    • none

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The rumored mill games were games that were planned during the existence of the system back in the day. Some the games might have been great additions back in the day.

You can vote for multiple games in the polls I have. The games I mentioned are rumored mill games that in Digital press Collector's guide I own.

I didn't list the following unreleased games:

1.) Any Prototype games - Ramport, etc. Prototype games exist, but they weren't released.

2.) California games- since a little bit of the game is found on disk according to Atariage member Arthur Krewat late last year/early this year.

3.) Jr. Pac-man, Pac-man, and Super Pac-man - The games exist as homebrew games now. People might try to correct me if I put them on this poll as a result without realizing they were planned back in the day.

4.) Sky Fox (one Screen Demo exists according Dp Guide I own.

Edited by 8th lutz

Yes, sure all of them. But it seems like Track n' Field is ahead by a mile. (pun intended.)

Allan

Track and Field is a great game. The running store near my house even has the arcade game free to play.

That's cool. It's a great game. It's fun throwing the javlin up in the sky.

Allan

No question. Shawn is absolutely right. Of course, all of them. Anybody involved with this site would definitely want to see all of those listed, and many others, for the 7800. You didn't even list a wrestling game!

I don't miss a lot of games unlike your claims based on the 2002 DP guide I own. Why whould I be mentioning released Atari 7800 games as rumor mill games in a poll?

1.)The rumored wrestler game was released as Mat Mania Challenge.

Atari Tag Team Wrestling was believed to become Mat Mania Challenge. That is according according to the 2002 Digit Press Collector's guide.

2.) Jungle Ball and Hoop Wars was released as a Basketbrawl.

according to the 2002 DP Guide I own, Jungle Ball and Hoop Wars was believed to be Basketbrawl.

3.) No one knows what Disney #1 and CCW # 1 is supposed to be. I

4.) Rescue of Fractalus is not a rumor mill game anymore. A prototype of the game has been found.

5.) Pit Fighter is considered a prototype according to the Atariprotos.com site. It is not a rumor Mill game as a result.

6.) Double Dragon and Rampage were mentioned as rumor mill games, but they were published and released by Activision.

7.) Ramport can't be considered as rumor mill game since the game is a prototype.

8.) Sky Fox was not a really rumor mill game. According to the 2002 Dp guide. There a was one screen demo of the game found on a hard drive.

9.) Nebulus was released as Tower Toppler. Nebulus was only the working title for the game.

10.) High Score Catridge was found by Curt as a prototype.

11.) The only games you could accuse me not mentioning Nam Ninja and Fantasy Fight.

Edited by 8th lutz

Star Breaker (based on Atari St game )

I was hoping it was based on the old Judas Priest song. :D Heh heh. Seriously though I have to agree with the others that said "all of them". The 7800 always needs more games. For my three choices I picked Elevator Action, Tempest and Toki. I would love to see those as the next three homebrews.

No question. Shawn is absolutely right. Of course, all of them. Anybody involved with this site would definitely want to see all of those listed, and many others, for the 7800. You didn't even list a wrestling game!

I don't miss a lot of games unlike your claims based on the 2002 DP guide I own. Why whould I be mentioning released Atari 7800 games as rumor mill games in a poll?

1.)The rumored wrestler game was released as Mat Mania Challenge.

Atari Tag Team Wrestling was believed to become Mat Mania Challenge. That is according according to the 2002 Digit Press Collector's guide.

2.) Jungle Ball and Hoop Wars was released as a Basketbrawl.

according to the 2002 DP Guide I own, Jungle Ball and Hoop Wars was believed to be Basketbrawl.

3.) No one knows what Disney #1 and CCW # 1 is supposed to be. I

4.) Rescue of Fractalus is not a rumor mill game anymore. A prototype of the game has been found.

5.) Pit Fighter is considered a prototype according to the Atariprotos.com site. It is not a rumor Mill game as a result.

6.) Double Dragon and Rampage were mentioned as rumor mill games, but they were published and released by Activision.

7.) Ramport can't be considered as rumor mill game since the game is a prototype.

8.) Sky Fox was not a really rumor mill game. According to the 2002 Dp guide. There a was one screen demo of the game found on a hard drive.

9.) Nebulus was released as Tower Toppler. Nebulus was only the working title for the game.

10.) High Score Catridge was found by Curt as a prototype.

11.) The only games you could accuse me not mentioning Nam Ninja and Fantasy Fight.

Hi

So is there anybody,who owns the SKYFOX rom?????

I would like to see this one screen demo..

greetings Walter

• 8 months later...

I think every "Atari" [a la "Atari Games Corp.] arcade game from 1984 on should be added to the list because had Atari Inc. remained in one piece, all of those titles would've made it to the 7800...

Paperboy

Marble Madness

Gauntlet/Gauntlet II

Roadblasters

720 Degrees

Toobin'

S.T.U.N. Runner

Hydra

Tetris

Championship Sprint/Super Sprint

EPROM

Rampart

Cyberball/Cyberball 2072

Blasteroids

A.P.B.

Vindicators

Xybots

I didn't include any Namco games that Atari Games marketed in the arcade under their brand outside of Japan although it could be assumed that they all would've appeared on the 7800 [again] had Atari Inc. survived. I didn't include any movie [or cartoon] licensed titles [such as Indiana Jones, Batman, Road Runner, etc.] that Atari Games also created in the arcades since one could argue that the home rights could've still ended up in some other company's hands [such as Parker Bros. owning the licensed rights to make Star Wars home video games]...

Of course, there were plenty of pre-1984 Atari coin-op games that never made it [production wise] to the 7800 despite Atari Corp. owning the home rights to them... Millipede, Major Havoc, Tempest, Crystal Castles, Missile Command, Super Breakout, etc.

I believe Pacland, Chip's Challenge and California Games were also rumoured for the 7800.

I went by the Digital Press Collectors guide that I own. The list of Rumor mill games on the list they have didn't include was Chip's Challenge. At the time I did the poll, I didn't know that the Digit press CX gamelist for the Atari 7800 was outdated. In my defense, I didn't know the Jaguar Sector had a Atari 7800 CX game list. The Jaguar sector forums didn't allow anyone that wasn't a member to look at the forums and didn't allow new members to my understanding also.

The CX game list for the Atari 7800 found on jaguarsector.com 7800 forum is the most up to date list I seen for the system.

Pacland was not on the the CX game list for the Atari 7800 based on Jaguar Sectors CX gamelist and the Digital press CX game list.

I didn't mention California games because Atariage member krewat has a part of California Games code for the Atari 7800. That means California Games for the Atari 7800 does exist and California Games can't be called a rumor mill game anymore.

The catch is krewat didn't show any screenshots.

Proof of Krewat having California Games Source code: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153052-impossible-mission-successful-recompile-of-source-code/page__view__findpost__p__1898747

Edited by 8th lutz

I didn't mention California games because Atariage member krewat has a part of California Games code for the Atari 7800. That means California Games for the Atari 7800 does exist and California Games can't be called a rumor mill game anymore.

Does that also apply to Electrocop since at least artwork has been found?

• 3 weeks later...

I chose the following only because they could be made to look great on 7800 anyways here is my list:

Cloak and Dagger

Elevator Action

gauntlet

crystal castles

moon patrol

PS. I know this was not in the rumor mill but it would have been nice to have port of Tron from the arcade that would have rocked back then.

Dan

Edited by keystone_kelly