IGNORED

Gamma Attack back up

Dino

Ok I have stayed out of this thread for many reasons and I don't plan on posting in this topic again but I will clear a few things up as the speculators keep tossing things out there so I will set a few things straight.

First off, I would also like to say I know some people are surprised to see it for sale but it is not an easy decision to offer this for sale for many personal reasons and I did not decide this on a whim. I have thought about selling it because my financial situation has deteriorated dramatically the past year as has most of the citizens in the USA. When I found this, I never thought I would sell the original, at least not this soon but this economy has forced me to at least make that an option. I have not yet sold it and may not sell it still. Deals have been discussed with a few people and yes, one of them was Jose. If he cares to tell you the details of those discussions that is his perogative but I want to be clear, no final deal has been consumated.

A few last tidbits that has been speculated on recently:

The payment plan offer is from a close friend. There are quite a few reasons why I don't like this deal but I will hit the main points. 1st it would take atleast 3 years to pay. 2ndly in this economy and him being a good friend, I do not want to be bugging a friend for money every month if things get tight for him. Lastly and most imortantly I will say that I don't want to see the damn game at a freinds house every time I go over if I did wind up selling it. So that is the main reasons why that deal wasn't "jumped on" as some have implied they would have. Also anyone referring to this as a combat cart wouldn't be saying that if they were the ones who found it after all these years. And lastly, way back last week someone said they have seen rarer and I disagree and please don't give me the repro arguemnet in this equation because it doesn't fly. As far as originals go, it is a one of one right now and I don't see that changing and I will tell you why. Because anyone holding one that wasn't a collector would have probably offered theirs for sale by now after seeing my initial listing when I found it with the crazy price and then again last week when it was offered again for serious offers. I believe if any are still around that they are in attics and such and the person doesn't know they have it. Thats my theory but to compare it to a combat cart is absurd.

In ending I take great pleasure in seeing the ROM enjoyed by so many and though many of you will never admit it, I got the game dumped, preserved and in the hands in gamers within 4 months of finding it and from what I have read on finding games like this, I with the Help of Shawn Sr, got this to the public as quick or faster as any other similar find. I am not asking for a pat on the back but I am proud of that. So I don't think I am forgetting anything but if I am, I won't be back to discuss it because I don't care for flamings and anyone saying to themselves that "I knew he would sell it", just look at this economy and then look and ask yourself if you think things will get better anytime soon? I had to make this an option for myself and will regret selling it if I ever do as finding it was the most fun and exciting collecting experience of my life and unless you have gone through that, you will never understand how hard it is to let go of something like this.

I hope this cleared up a few things and now you can go back to your regularly scheduled program

"The View"

Cheers

Ok I have stayed out of this thread for many reasons and I don't plan on posting in this topic again but I will clear a few things up as the speculators keep tossing things out there so I will set a few things straight.

First off, I would also like to say I know some people are surprised to see it for sale but it is not an easy decision to offer this for sale for many personal reasons and I did not decide this on a whim. I have thought about selling it because my financial situation has deteriorated dramatically the past year as has most of the citizens in the USA. When I found this, I never thought I would sell the original, at least not this soon but this economy has forced me to at least make that an option. I have not yet sold it and may not sell it still. Deals have been discussed with a few people and yes, one of them was Jose. If he cares to tell you the details of those discussions that is his perogative but I want to be clear, no final deal has been consumated.

A few last tidbits that has been speculated on recently:

The payment plan offer is from a close friend. There are quite a few reasons why I don't like this deal but I will hit the main points. 1st it would take atleast 3 years to pay. 2ndly in this economy and him being a good friend, I do not want to be bugging a friend for money every month if things get tight for him. Lastly and most imortantly I will say that I don't want to see the damn game at a freinds house every time I go over if I did wind up selling it. So that is the main reasons why that deal wasn't "jumped on" as some have implied they would have. Also anyone referring to this as a combat cart wouldn't be saying that if they were the ones who found it after all these years. And lastly, way back last week someone said they have seen rarer and I disagree and please don't give me the repro arguemnet in this equation because it doesn't fly. As far as originals go, it is a one of one right now and I don't see that changing and I will tell you why. Because anyone holding one that wasn't a collector would have probably offered theirs for sale by now after seeing my initial listing when I found it with the crazy price and then again last week when it was offered again for serious offers. I believe if any are still around that they are in attics and such and the person doesn't know they have it. Thats my theory but to compare it to a combat cart is absurd.

In ending I take great pleasure in seeing the ROM enjoyed by so many and though many of you will never admit it, I got the game dumped, preserved and in the hands in gamers within 4 months of finding it and from what I have read on finding games like this, I with the Help of Shawn Sr, got this to the public as quick or faster as any other similar find. I am not asking for a pat on the back but I am proud of that. So I don't think I am forgetting anything but if I am, I won't be back to discuss it because I don't care for flamings and anyone saying to themselves that "I knew he would sell it", just look at this economy and then look and ask yourself if you think things will get better anytime soon? I had to make this an option for myself and will regret selling it if I ever do as finding it was the most fun and exciting collecting experience of my life and unless you have gone through that, you will never understand how hard it is to let go of something like this.

I hope this cleared up a few things and now you can go back to your regularly scheduled program

"The View"

Cheers

Well put. I agree. It is more valuable than a Combat cart.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
As far as originals go, it is a one of one right now and I don't see that changing and I will tell you why. Because anyone holding one that wasn't a collector would have probably offered theirs for sale by now after seeing my initial listing when I found it with the crazy price and then again last week when it was offered again for serious offers.

I disagree...most people still have no clue what it is - there are more out there.

I disagree...most people still have no clue what it is - there are more out there.

You disagree based on what?

The fact that the majority of people are not educated on rare Atari games even if they own them in a closet somewhere, and also someone mentioned that around 20 of them had been sold, and even if that were not true, the fact that ads were put out in a popular magazine would mean that likely more than 1 had been sold - I tend to believe about 20 of them are floating around.

The fact that the majority of people are not educated on rare Atari games even if they own them in a closet somewhere, and also someone mentioned that around 20 of them had been sold, and even if that were not true, the fact that ads were put out in a popular magazine would mean that likely more than 1 had been sold - I tend to believe about 20 of them are floating around.

By that math then, I will say the other 19 where thrown in the garbage in the late 1980's and the one Phantom has is the last of it's kind.

By that math then, I will say the other 19 where thrown in the garbage in the late 1980's and the one Phantom has is the last of it's kind.

I had one but I threw it out. I kept E.T. though.

Edited by gamme

• 1 month later...

So, did we ever find out who exactly does own http://www.gammation.com/ website?

Was the Firepower 100 ever made and does anyone own it and have a real picture?

Yes, they were sold thru ads in electronic gamer publications. I'll post a pic of the last one I have

on my site . wwww.gammation.com I am the founder of Gammation &

I am not dead.

So, did we ever find out who exactly does own http://www.gammation.com/ website?

Yes, they were sold thru ads in electronic gamer publications. I'll post a pic of the last one I have

I am not dead.

It would be cool to see another original cart of gamma attack (if you actually have one left).

He better be glad he looked in the mens restroom trash can at the flea market when he did. :P Seriously though, it is a once in a lifetime find for something like that. I really don't think I could sell it. I have certain items I have put back for my children, that no matter how hard up I get, I want them to decide what they want to do with them. I always said, "For the right price anything can happen." Not in this case though. Phantom, I do understand why you have to and I don't think anyone has the right to even judge what you decide to do with your belongings. Goodluck friend. :)

I am not dead.

It would be cool to see another original cart of gamma attack (if you actually have one left).

Shawn Sr., photos are posted.

Holy shit this photo is dead sexy. :lust:

Wanna sell me those holo labels....lol... :ponder:

I would, but they r the ones left over from the 1983 run.

Am thinking of a 2009 re-release with the planned 1983 labels

& maybe box art that never went into production.

Need PCBs and carts.

Is PixelPast still selling PCBs?

Can't get an AtariAge page link from the PixelPast site to

purchase any.

Edited by gamecrawler

Need PCBs and carts.

purchase any.

You would be much better off to use these original labels if you make more carts trust me on that one. Everyone would want the 1983 labels, not new ones from 2009. Use the same shells, same brand of eproms and hell even use pacman boards like you did for the other cart(s) back in the day. Keeps it more authentic and inline with the original product IMO.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Need PCBs and carts.

purchase any.

You would be much better off to use these original labels if you make more carts trust me on that one. Everyone would want the 1983 labels, not new ones from 2009. Use the same shells, same brand of eproms and hell even use pacman boards like you did for the other cart(s) back in the day. Keeps it more authentic and inline with the original product IMO.

yep, make them indistinguishable from your 1983 run :D

Need PCBs and carts.

purchase any.

yep, make them indistinguishable from your 1983 run :D

Thanks, maybe both, I don't know the community, what price would be right? Is there enough of a demand for this

to make it worth my time? I'm 62 now.

Thanks, maybe both, I don't know the community, what price would be right? Is there enough of a demand for this

to make it worth my time? I'm 62 now.

With the original parts and labels you have left over from back in the day and a letter of authenticity I think a couple hundred each (at least) wouldn't be far fetched. If that is worth it to you or not is totally up to you. There would only be a small market for a high priced item like this but you only have so much original parts and labels to work with anyhow so what the heck right?

Edited by Shawn Sr.