IGNORED

Ever receive feedback with advertising for the seller?

doubledown

I've seen this more and more recently. I'll win an auction on ebay, and the feedback that I receive from the seller will be something like "Great buyer, come check out my ebay store for great deals." What the hell is wrong with these people? Do they honestly think that this sort of "feedback advertising" is going to help them make more money?

I will sometimes skirt this in my feedback. I am very likely to say something like "Great buyer paid quick & got a good deal; enjoy your new Atari games!" It's kind of advertising that: A) sometimes you can get a good deal on my stuff, B) I sell Atari games, and C) I leave feedback for good buyers. I would never go so far as to say "check out my store" though. It's a thin line...

Here's a couple of recent ones I've received:

GREAT BUYER, FAST PAY, THANKS PLEASE COME AGAIN TO ROBOTKINGNES WE SHIP FASTEST - Seller: robotkingnes

Won & Fast Pay 5/31, I Ship FAST 6/1. ALWAYS FAST SERVICE HERE at rascals place! - Seller: rascal5657, Seller's Store: Rascal's Place

FAST PAYER. THANKS FOR THE PURCHASE. PLEASE VISIT " FUN HEADQUARTERS " - Seller: 1gamewizard, Seller's Store: Fun Headquarters