IGNORED

Atari CX-2000 Not Gauranteed! Only $5000!

ninermaniac

I was not the back-up bidder. I am sure more will appear since four have appeared (or have been offered to me) in the last year.....that is why I am in no rush to get this one. Besides, it was not guaranteed to work and currently I am negotiating in getting items that make the Atari 2000 look like Combat. I have learned that PATIENCE IS GOLDEN!!! :)

You will of course post pics here once you obtain said items :D

I was not the back-up bidder. I am sure more will appear since four have appeared (or have been offered to me) in the last year.....that is why I am in no rush to get this one. Besides, it was not guaranteed to work and currently I am negotiating in getting items that make the Atari 2000 look like Combat. I have learned that PATIENCE IS GOLDEN!!! :)

You will of course post pics here once you obtain said items :D

Of course.....I am still negotiating with the other party. :)

Who was the backup bidder on the Atari 5200? Was that Wonder? I didn't think he collected 5200.

Nope. Wonder did not bid on eiether auction ;)

So Wonder was not the backup bidder on the 2000 either?

Hmm interesting.

Wasn't it the same (on both auctions) who also bought your System X proto on CTCW ?

Here is the one I sold on Chuckwagon

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000153257

Wow, you didn't leave the guy feedback? :ponder:

Call off the feedback police as feedback has now been left.

I got word that the auctions on the CX-2000 and the 5200 went to a second chance offer. I believe it had to do with the winning bidder being from way out of town. :cool:

I heard that too.....Still, $6800 is way too high for this unit....... Somebody already offered me theirs but want too much $$$ for it. After the winning bidder and the second highest bidder, nobody will pay this type of $$$ for it.....even me. I knoew it this would happen too because if you noticed the winning bidders bidding history, he has retracted other bids in other auctions six times....yikes.

BTW, there might be another Atari 2000 up for auction in a day or two.....stay tuned!!! :)

I got word that the auctions on the CX-2000 and the 5200 went to a second chance offer. I believe it had to do with the winning bidder being from way out of town. :cool:

I heard that too.....Still, $6800 is way too high for this unit....... Somebody already offered me theirs but want too much $$$ for it. After the winning bidder and the second highest bidder, nobody will pay this type of $$$ for it.....even me. I knoew it this would happen too because if you noticed the winning bidders bidding history, he has retracted other bids in other auctions six times....yikes.

BTW, there might be another Atari 2000 up for auction in a day or two.....stay tuned!!! :)

I never take 2nd chance offers unless it goes really cheap. The second chance offer should be at the price the second highest bidder would have got the item if the highest bidder did not bid and not at the second highest bidders maximum bid. I feel this is a flaw in e-bay's procedure. My method would also deter shill bidders :twisted:

Edited by Dino

I never take 2nd chance offers unless it goes really cheap. The second chance offer should be at the price the second highest bidder would have got the item if the highest bidder did not bid and not at the second highest bidders maximum bid. I feel this is a flaw in e-bay's procedure. My method would also deter shill bidders :twisted:

I could not agree with you more.

I tried to buy the 4 x CX-40 boxed lot, but you answered me

NO INTERNATIONAL, why ?

I do not understand why some do not want to sent

outside USA....

it's the same work to send

The guy pays shipping, extra charge

and it is a chance for the seller to sell more expensive

American collectors are better off than us ;)

sorry for my english :ponder:

• Like 1

I tried to buy the 4 x CX-40 boxed lot, but you answered me

NO INTERNATIONAL, why ?

I do not understand why some do not want to sent

outside USA....

it's the same work to send

The guy pays shipping, extra charge

and it is a chance for the seller to sell more expensive

sorry for my english :ponder:

I would guess because the only way for him to be protected against a paypal chargeback is with online tracking to a confirmed address. For overseas that means express mail and for a 4 X CX 40 boxed lot I would guess it would be way too expensive to make it worth it.

Don't blame him. Blame the rules at paypal and the thieves that abuse them. Ohh and then thank ebay for letting them fit in with all the honest bidders because a buyer can not leave negatives even when this does happen.

i Don't blame him, but it's not cool for us, european collectors...

i buy some computers, heavy, same with 150$ s&h :D

i buy every week on ebay USA

the seller should see if the person is serious

look the feedback, and after saying yes or no

no ? ;)

Edited by Rhod

the seller should see if the person is serious

look the feedback, and after saying yes or no

no ? ;)

Once that was true but not anymore. With these new ebay rules NO buyer can ever get a negative. How would he know if a buyer scamed the last 5 people or not? No way to tell.

The grass is always greener... A resourceful person anywhere outside of the third world can take advantage of what they have locally that others around the world want. The universal sentiment is that it is easier and cheaper to find stuff elsewhere, and that everyone else has it easier. Simply not true.

The grass is always greener... A resourceful person anywhere outside of the third world can take advantage of what they have locally that others around the world want. The universal sentiment is that it is easier and cheaper to find stuff elsewhere, and that everyone else has it easier. Simply not true.

This is very true. I've bought items for overseas friends and re-shipped them.

All you had to say was one word.

MARCO! :D :cool:

• 6 years later...

So even though this auction is over,its clearly evident that an atari cx2000 isnt worth 9500 or 10,000 usd.wow nice info that I gathered today!

This thread is from 6 years ago. :ponder:

EDIT: Prices to tend to change over time. Up and\or down. Info this dated is not a good place to judge value assessment of any item.