IGNORED

2 7800 mother board problems

Corby

I just got in 7800 motherboard, and my personal second 7800 machine. both worked fine. I went and pulled back the steel connector pins in the cart. sot, and took rubbing alcohol 70% took a old swipe card from work cut it up so it will fit the wide slot and the 2 smaller ones. cleaned it right up.

played both boards in 7800 mode. worked

played both in 2600 mode, one worked one didn't. the one that worked played but had that sound like it was drawing too much juice. the other black screen with lines.

what the hell did I do wrong????

Corby

If you have a voltmeter then check the voltage regulator and make sure it is outputing 5V. If it's not then you found your problem. If it is then you may have partially fried your TIA chips.

Mitch

Sorry for dumb question,but im totally a tech NEOPHYTE.Besides static,what else can fry chips while cleaning?Im asking cus like many,i open up and clean all my consoles as soon as i get them,and like to clean up the boards with air and contact cleaner.I have always used adapters with the correct ratings and not just anything i find,thats another reason i believe will fry chips.

Edited by Rik