IGNORED

Atariage got it wrong. No hard feelings though!

mcjakeqcool

Know as much as I love Atariage, don't get me wrong, I love it here at Atariage, you guys are great, Atariage have slipped up with there featured did you know?... It said that the Atari 7800 was not releaced until 1986, well in southern California it was relaced in June 1984 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_7800 so was accuatly relaced in 1984, however even Atariage makes mistakes, and no hard feelings what so ever. So to show a gesture of goodwill, I will spread wikilove through atariage, no hard feelings ;) .

Know as much as I love Atariage, don't get me wrong, I love it here at Atariage, you guys are great, Atariage have slipped up with there featured did you know?... It said that the Atari 7800 was not releaced until 1986, well in southern California it was relaced in June 1984 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_7800 so was accuatly relaced in 1984, however even Atariage makes mistakes, and no hard feelings what so ever. So to show a gesture of goodwill, I will spread wikilove through atariage, no hard feelings ;) .

You fail for using Wikipedia as a credible source. Your track record of changing Wikipedia for the worse makes it even less credible.

You fail for using Wikipedia as a credible source. Your track record of changing Wikipedia for the worse makes it even less credible.

Didn't I already deduct 5 points for this error?

-10 pts. for redundancy

+15 pts for me for my first post in the 7800 forum (-5 points for the fact that the post is of 0 quality)

seriously, Wikipedia?

Edited by StanJr

whats "releaced"?

That's British spelling. For example:

Lady: I leaced my lorrie to the poleace until they releaced it.

Man: Quite.

Okay, then what's "accuatly?"

C'mon, now. Don't get the lunatic spelling and grammar pedants started on picking apart every little grammar and spelling issue in the original post. For one thing, I don't have time to participate right now. :D

The Atari 7800 was not released before 1986 in most states in the U.S. including mine. The 1984 release date is completely false for 49 states.

Using Wikipedia as proof doesn't help your cause anyhow since you are known to post false information there.

There have been test markets before, doesn't take more than 2 years for rest of the country.

That is where the real release date for the Atari 7800 is tricky.

I can tell you by the fact Wisconsin didn't have any Atari 7800 game consoles or games before 1986. I will be 31 next month and I tell you that didn't remember seeing any Atari 7800 games console from the 1984- 1986 time period as a person that grew up in that state.

I have a good memory because I remember cereals like Donkey Kong and Pac-man being on grocery shelves. Those two cereals existed before the Atari 7800 did in Wisconsin. That tells you that you better take my word for it about the Atari 7800 not being release in Wisconsin.

Edited by 8th lutz

I think it's safe to say that the So Cal release was more of a 'text market' kinda thing, bigger, but rather similar to the intellivision computer release in the same area. I think AA is accurate for a nationwise release. It's all a matter of how you interpret things.

I lived in California at in 1984, and there was no 7800 anywhere in the North State that I ever saw. It was just the 2600, Intelly, and Colecovision with a few of those VFD tabletops for good measure.

-10 pts. for redundancy

+15 pts for me for my first post in the 7800 forum (-5 points for the fact that the post is of 0 quality)

seriously, Wikipedia?

He deserved more reprimanding.

The Atari 7800 began shipping in the CA and NY markets on May 17, 1984, end of story. During June, the El Paso assembly plant had another 5,000 additional units built and ready to ship with parts for 40,000 units to be built when the Tramiels pulled the plug in July 1984 - (this comes from Brad Saville -head of Atari manufacturing who personally oversaw the new Atari 7800 assembly lines in El Paso and documents I have on file)

Anyone wanna argue with ME about it?!?!?

Curt

-10 pts. for redundancy

seriously, Wikipedia?

He deserved more reprimanding.

Edited by Curt Vendel

I contribute considerably to Wiki and I'm constantly making corrections and ammendments to Atari materials there, I also contributed to the Atari 7800 wiki page.

Curt

The Atari 7800 began shipping in the CA and NY markets on May 17, 1984, end of story. During June, the El Paso assembly plant had another 5,000 additional units built and ready to ship with parts for 40,000 units to be built when the Tramiels pulled the plug in July 1984 - (this comes from Brad Saville -head of Atari manufacturing who personally oversaw the new Atari 7800 assembly lines in El Paso and documents I have on file)

Anyone wanna argue with ME about it?!?!?

Curt

Yes, I do want to argue about it. I scolded McJake about using wiki as a reference, and you march in here like you have the biggest dick in the world pretending to be an all knowing god. I never denied that you were wrong. Get your mental rollercoaster under control and be civil.

Did my post sound a little hypocritical???

I scolded McJake about using wiki as a reference, and you march in here like you have the biggest dick in the world pretending to be an all knowing god.

Perhaps you should take your own advice :ponder:

Get your mental rollercoaster under control and be civil.

You forgot to read your fortune cookie:

Beware of hidden messages in posts!

Hint: its the color white dumbass!

Ugh.. I thought mcjakeqcool was on moderator preview..

..and apparently brandonwright needs to be also.

Dammit! I tried doing a shits and giggles post with hidden white text to show it was a joke and none of you have found out!

Now all of you hate me :_(

Perhaps I'm going on a tangent, but this is something that always bugs me about the supposed 1985 "release" of the NES. It's inconsistent to make that claim while saying the 7800 wasn't released until 1986. Either test markets count, or they don't. And I think by normal convention they don't.

The "1985" NES was just a test market in the last couple weeks of December in a few stores in New York City. ie it hardly existed at all, hardly anybody even saw one then, and it certainly wouldn't qualify as a "release".

Further test markets continued in 1986. They didn't finally release the NES on a large scale until about mid-1986. (full disclosure: I read that on wikipedia :-o -5 pts)

I'm sort of amused how many people in places like youtube claim to remember getting their NES in 1985. Yeah there's a few people who got one then, but not as many as the people who claim to remember it now.

I think people's minds have been twisted because all the accessories say "©Nintendo 1985" on them.

It's awesome that AtariAge automatically converts ( c ) to a legally correct © symbol. +10pts to atariage.