IGNORED

New games?

walter_J64bit

Remember when someone was working on Utopia? I would have bought that.

So, what up with 5200 homebrew projects I would think that there be new games coming out left and right for it by now. Can you tell me more about Utopia?

Other than it has been a dead project for years, I don't know.

I started working on a homebrew last year - it was sort of a high fantasy-themed Robotron-esque action game. I got as far as moving my player sprites around the screen and some basic debug code, but that's it. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Maybe when I retire (or if I win the Lotto) I'll pick it back up again.

I started working on a homebrew last year - it was sort of a high fantasy-themed Robotron-esque action game. I got as far as moving my player sprites around the screen and some basic debug code, but that's it. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Maybe when I retire (or if I win the Lotto) I'll pick it back up again.

Do you have any screenshost?

My first thought after looking at the two screenshots on the left is a Children of the Corn adventure/horror game. :) Nice graphics. I hope to see you do another 5200 game someday. It would be a shame to waste all that knowledge you gained from doing Adventure 2.

Allan

My first thought after looking at the two screenshots on the left is a Children of the Corn adventure/horror game. :)

Allan

LOL! The pic was actually my idea of a "swordquest airworld" platform/adventure game. You can walk on the clouds, climb the ladders. You'd have an inventory. I had a story written - a hero rides a flying beast out of his village and into the sky, to find a floating palace/world.

My first thought after looking at the two screenshots on the left is a Children of the Corn adventure/horror game. :)

Allan

LOL! The pic was actually my idea of a "swordquest airworld" platform/adventure game. You can walk on the clouds, climb the ladders. You'd have an inventory. I had a story written - a hero rides a flying beast out of his village and into the sky, to find a floating palace/world.

Yep, that was when I asked you about using the Adventure 2 engine for Airworld. Probably would have worked very well..

No promises from me! but what kind of game are you interested in? old coin-op port, new homebrew action or adventure or platformer or shooter, etc?

Can you get Crystle Castles to work with the trackball? Otherwise I vote for a Galaga port.

Allan

I plan on finishing my Rasteroids homebrew soon. I'd like to do a Rampart type game for the 5200.

tjb

Cool. That was coming along nicely. I was disappointed when you stopped. You need to show people that Asteroids.... I mean Rasteroids can be a great game on the 5200. (Yea I know about Meteorites, it's OK.)

Allan

post-187-1248468435.gif