IGNORED

Zen Pinball

DaytonaUSA

yeah, I sprang for the full version. I haven't seen any online tourneys yet--just standard online play against others (first to xxx,xxx,xxx points and so on). Problem is it tends to lock up during online play. also the newest patch messed up the weekly high score function in offline play. All things considered though, I like it. Great graphics, ball physics etc (I'm sure you've seen in the demo). ball feels more like a rubber coated steel ball (like sega uses on their viper night driving pinball tables) than a standard steel one. Probably something to do with the sound it makes and the fact that spin is so exaggerated on it.

if it helps make your decision, the demo table is easily the best of the bunch. I spend most of my zen pinball time playing it.

Edited by Reaperman

I went ahead and purchased it tonight, along with the WipEout upgrade.

I really like it. I'm not a fan of the V12 table. Seems to always go in the side-auto-lose valley.

I like El Derado. I also really like the (can't remember the names) Tiki/headhunter level and the one that seems like a Thomas Edison theme. Those maps are actually a lot of fun, particularly the Tiki one.

I haven't played online yet. I'm not too good at getting high scores, so I think I'll practice offline more first. The highest I got was on the Tiki level, and that was only about 3,500,000....which is absolutely nothing compared to the top leaders on the boards. How they get those crazy scores is beyond me, as I think I'm doing pretty well! lol

I hear you on the ball physics. At first it was a bit annoying, but now I like it. The random spins and stuff help spice it up, and make it clearly different than other pinball games.

I feel like I have a fighting chance with this game, which is good. Other than some cheap loses every once in a while, it's a boat load of fun and I'm really glad I purchased it.

It seems this year, the PS Store is full of goodies.

yeah, I played it for a good bit again last night after writing my above comment, and I think I'm leaning toward Tesla being my favorite.

there's a flipper right over the 'cheap death spot' with a great shot at a really big target (the magnetic one)

I think the sound effects are what I like best about that table.

• 2 weeks later...
They'll be releasing a Street Fighter themed table soon, guys ! :D

see now, that'd be worth a couple extra bucks to me.

I've been focusing on Tesla pretty hard, and pretty much have to work on hitting just two targets reliably to get a lot better. One target activates the ball saver if hit hard enough, the other triggers the mag-bonus area that the whole game seems to be built around.

• 2 weeks later...
They'll be releasing a Street Fighter themed table soon, guys ! :D

Is it the same one that came out on the 360 awhile ago?

I ask because I already have that one. Its a decent table.

According to them, it's that table, but heavily modified and changed.. but same basic idea. We'll have to see :).