IGNORED

inFAMOUS

I'm shocked that nobody has written about this game, especially considering that it came out almost three months ago...

I picked it up last weekend, after lusting over it since seeing the previews late last year, and I am truly enthralled. This game will be remembered as one of my favorites of all time. The story line grabbed me from the very moment I loaded the game. After the first few hours passed (alarmingly quickly, I might add), I noticed just how gorgeous the city is.

There is more detail given to every nook and cranny than I could even go into, the music is superb, and the missions are challenging, yet not impossible, short, yet just long enough. There are no load times, and the game is the first that I've played on the system that really push what it can do. It makes me truly happy that I bought the PS3 over the 360. A nearly flawless title.

Is anybody else playing this?

I rented the game from GameFly, enjoyed what I was playing, and used the "Keep It" option to purchase the game for $29.

Unfortunately, I haven't spent that much time playing it..... not because I don't like the game because I do or I wouldn't have bought it. Its simply that I've been too busy playing Ghostbusters, Overlord II, Pixel Junk Monsters, and Command & Conquer Ultimate Edition to take on any other games right now.

inFamous is very well done and I'll get back to playing it, hopefully before Uncharted 2 is released because ALL of my game time will be spent with that game once I buy itt!

Mendon

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen this game in action. The Gamestop and Wal-Mart around me have it in the demo units even now 3 months later. It looks great. Reminded me of Prototype (but hopefully plays better) and certainly looks better. Not sure why I haven't gotten it yet. I see it and I think "Oh man I forgot I need to look into getting this game" then i leave and promptly forget it again. Going to check Amazon right now while I'm thinking about it!

I've seen this game in action. The Gamestop and Wal-Mart around me have it in the demo units even now 3 months later. It looks great. Reminded me of Prototype (but hopefully plays better) and certainly looks better. Not sure why I haven't gotten it yet. I see it and I think "Oh man I forgot I need to look into getting this game" then i leave and promptly forget it again. Going to check Amazon right now while I'm thinking about it!

it DEFINITELY plays better than prototype. infamous is probably the best superhero game ever but batman:aa is damn close.

Edited by xg4bx

This is one of those games I actually want a PS3 for, I mean, come on, it's GrandtheftAuto with super powers....right/ I mean, from descriptions that's what it sounds like :D But eh...I know of nobody around here that has one (a PS3 I mean) so I haven't been able to experience it yet.....it is on my embarrassingly short "to get" list for when I get a PS3 though. I though about renting one, but the rental place here doesn't carry any systems either (bastards, though as much as they cost, I con't really blame them)