IGNORED

Got some sweet deals at Slackers and Goodwill

4Ks

Yesterday, I managed to find all this stuff at some of the stores in my area:

Black Game Boy ($5.00)

Little Nemo the Dream Master (NES, $5.00)

Super Mario All-Stars (Super NES, $4.00)

Black Game Boy ($5.00)

Slacker's is awesome!

Which one do you go to? I work right by the Chesterfield mall, so I hit them during my lunch hour once in awhile.

Black Game Boy ($5.00)

Slacker's is awesome!

Which one do you go to? I work right by the Chesterfield mall, so I hit them during my lunch hour once in awhile.

I go to the one near the Wal*Mart in Jefferson City.

Man, I haven't been to a Slackers in a long time. I frequented the ones on the Illinois side in Edwardsville and O'Fallon. I loved their buy 3 get 1 free (or was it buy 2?). Do they still do that?

For the most part they have gone down the drain. high prices on most everything. Now you have to pay to join the club "think $20" then you can do buy 3 get one free. I always have good stuff at my store in Fenton, Trade-n-games

Bah, you need to relocate to West County. :)

Maybe I'll try to visit your place tomorrow. Don't think I have any plans.

For the most part they have gone down the drain. high prices on most everything. Now you have to pay to join the club "think $20" then you can do buy 3 get one free. I always have good stuff at my store in Fenton, Trade-n-games

:thumbsup: Yep, I've been to your store on a few occasions back when I lived in St. Louis. It was kind of a long haul (in city miles) but it was fun to look around and pick up a few things.

That sucks about Slackers. I had noticed that their prices hardly ever went down. They even wanted premium dollars for FFII and FFIII even after the games had been regurgitated onto modern systems. Then they got rid of all of their Atari games. That's when I stopped going.

Black Game Boy ($5.00)

Over the last couple days I've been to multiple goodwill stores in my area (still have 2 that I want to hit) but didn't end up buying anything, pickins were slim.

The only boxed item of interest that I saw was an original Nintendo Power Glove, but I didn't really know the market value of these. It had a bunch of collateral materials (instructions, promotions, etc) still in there but the box was really banged up and had one flap ripped completely off, though the missing flap was inside the box (I found this one in the "toys" aisle and I got the impression many many kids had pulled that thing out of the box and slipped it on) and when I got back to my computer to look it up I see a mixed bag of interest on ebay, but I think this one was missing some sort of sensor needed to play, so I don't think it's worth my time. If anything I never owned one as a kid and I'd be mildly interested in going back to get it just to add it to my already large collection of (mostly unboxed) NES stuff.

Another item that caught my eye was a Xavix system and a bunch of games/accessories in a plain cardboard box going for about $20. I haven't looked that one up, anyone know if there's an interest for those? Like the glove, I'd probably be more interested in adding it to my own collection than trying to sell it, but I've been on an ebay kick lately and don't really want to buy more stuff just yet.

Finally I saw one of those classic Atari 2600-shaped controllers that plug right into your TV (I think made by Jakks Pacific) that contains various Atari games. Again I didn't pick it up but was thinking it would look cool just sitting on my desk at work, representing my gaming roots :)