IGNORED

I just found a Development PS1 at a garage sale!

Hi there,

The cable allows you to connect your unit to the PC to send game images without burning them to CD.

Perhaps you're thinking of using it with the Yaroze to upload small pieces of software that you have created---not uploading entire game images? The way you wrote that makes it sound like you can take a retail game and just send its image to the Playstation via the serial cable.

Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't come with a serial cable. They can make use of them though.

You are correct. Sorry about that. You can see I don't use the cable :)

Depending on who had the console, there are sometimes large yellow stickers proclaiming what it is too.

Standard PSX cables will work with these things, some of the older revisions had composite out as well.

$20 for that is a steal. I paid over $100 for mine. Who needs a mod-chip huh?

I don't play mine all that often, but it does sorta make up a centerpiece in the collection. Definitely not your average "oh it's just a Playstation" find!

Depending on who had the console, there are sometimes large yellow stickers proclaiming what it is too.

Standard PSX cables will work with these things, some of the older revisions had composite out as well.

$20 for that is a steal. I paid over $100 for mine. Who needs a mod-chip huh?

I don't play mine all that often, but it does sorta make up a centerpiece in the collection. Definitely not your average "oh it's just a Playstation" find!

Yeah my jaw hit the floor seeing something like this at a garage sale.

Mine would have too! I was happy as can be to just find one on eBay.

Now you need to work on finding one of the green consoles to round it out (both were used to test games on both hardware revisions... a game had to work on both to "pass"). At least that is what I recall reading about them. The green consoles are harder to find than the blue ones, but either one is still really neat to have in the collection.