IGNORED

Kind of funny - buy it now vs regular auction

thevnaguy

Saw a Sears Heavy Sixer on the bay with 25 boxed games for 150 or best offer some time back. It sat and sat, then got relisted as a regular auction at a much lower price. It is now up to 200 bucks. :D

Funny how people will balk at a buy it now or best offer, yet will bid like crazy on a regular auction.

I wonder if any of them are doing "Rats I could have just done the buy it now the first time around!" :roll:

I've had Buy it Now auctions that couldn't sell for $250, but got bid up to almost $800 when listed as a regular auction.

Buy it Now auctions just don't work. It give the buyer the thought that as a seller, you must be asking too much. They introduced Buy it Now or Best offer, and the only way to get a decent best offer is to set your buy it now as 3x the actual value. That's why you see Air Raid carts with a buy it now of $20,000. they're honestly hoping or praying for 1/4 of that. If they set the Buy it Now at 1/4 of that, no one would ever bid and hope they'd relist as an auction. If it was relisted as an auction, it would usually go for more than what the best offer would be.

Jesus, I'm sick of ebay.