IGNORED

Couple questions about controllers.

professormurder

So I got two practically non working controllers off of ebay, and found 3 at an antique store (1 of which held up remarkably well over the years, I could actually play a game with it right when I tried it!).

I have a couple of controller questions.

1. Are all of the side buttons supposed to fire? None of the L1, or R1 (top) fire buttons work.

2. How do I go about fixing an unresponsive joystick?

3. I've made some improvement in button function with 4/5 controllers, using pencil erasers and contact cleaner. Should I just try cleaning them a few more times?

Out of the 100 buttons/joysticks 76 work now. The best controller, everything works except the L1 and R1 buttons.

So I got two practically non working controllers off of ebay, and found 3 at an antique store (1 of which held up remarkably well over the years, I could actually play a game with it right when I tried it!).

I have a couple of controller questions.

1. Are all of the side buttons supposed to fire? None of the L1, or R1 (top) fire buttons work.

2. How do I go about fixing an unresponsive joystick?

3. I've made some improvement in button function with 4/5 controllers, using pencil erasers and contact cleaner. Should I just try cleaning them a few more times?

Out of the 100 buttons/joysticks 76 work now. The best controller, everything works except the L1 and R1 buttons.

the top fire buttons work with some games like moon patrol i think its the jump button

what game are you testing the buttons with?

the top fire buttons work with some games like moon patrol i think its the jump button

Oh, so those top fire buttons don't work on all games then... Okay.

The game I was testing with was Galaxian.

I've got Joust, Pole Position, Missile Command, Super Breakout, Defender, Dig Dug, and Centipede too. Would any of those possibly give me different results?

Oh, so those top fire buttons don't work on all games then... Okay.

The game I was testing with was Galaxian.

I've got Joust, Pole Position, Missile Command, Super Breakout, Defender, Dig Dug, and Centipede too. Would any of those possibly give me different results?

dig dug should fire the hose with both buttons and pole position its the brakes and with defender it is the killeverybody superbomb button

Awesome! Thank you for that info., now I know 8 more buttons work. I'm up to 84/100 on the 5 contollers including 1 100% working controller. (12 keypad + 4 side buttons + 3 control buttons + joystick = 20)

Buttons that still don't work:

1. Start, Pause, Reset, L1, R1

2. Joystick*, L2

3. Joystick*, L2

4. Works!

5. Start, Pause, Reset, L1, L2, R1, R2

Those two problem joysticks can move up and down in Defender, but move left uncontrollably and can't go right. (#3 can shift up/down in Pole Position, but #2 can't)

Any more ideas? Or should I just clean them again and again until they work?

Some of the fire buttons on 2 controllers only have 1 carbon dot instead of 3, I think that may affect performance as well.

Awesome! Thank you for that info., now I know 8 more buttons work. I'm up to 84/100 on the 5 contollers including 1 100% working controller. (12 keypad + 4 side buttons + 3 control buttons + joystick = 20)

Buttons that still don't work:

1. Start, Pause, Reset, L1, R1

2. Joystick*, L2

3. Joystick*, L2

4. Works!

5. Start, Pause, Reset, L1, L2, R1, R2

Those two problem joysticks can move up and down in Defender, but move left uncontrollably and can't go right. (#3 can shift up/down in Pole Position, but #2 can't)

Any more ideas? Or should I just clean them again and again until they work?

quote]

Depends on the reflex rev too. If you have an Rev 6 or 7 those are trace. Make sure there Rev 9