IGNORED

Atlantis 2 on ebay.

crunchysuperman

I'm reading his C&P and then his description & Q&A and I don't think he knows what the difference is. Or if he does, he's careful not to mention anything to suggest this. I'd say it's just a standard night scene cart nothing more, unless he can provide more info. But I'd almost ponder a guess and say he's hoping to catch someone into believing he's got a real AII when he probably knows full well it's just the regular cart. :ponder:

Here's my question on ePay, let's see if he posts an answer:

"Please post a picture of the "Atlantis 2" game in play so that we can be sure that it is working and that it has the correct scoring font."

I have the :( feeling that somebody on ePay is going to be ripped off really hard by this guy...

update: I REALLY don't trust anyone who would charge $91.03 to ship a car stereo :sad:

Edited by anicetyguy

Here's my question on ePay, let's see if he posts an answer:

"Please post a picture of the "Atlantis 2" game in play so that we can be sure that it is working and that it has the correct scoring font."

I have the :( feeling that somebody on ePay is going to be ripped off really hard by this guy...

update: I REALLY don't trust anyone who would charge $91.03 to ship a car stereo :sad:

Anicetyguy, that still won't do it, the insides can be modded pretty easily. He needs paperwork.

Reason for my question is that the label is still intact - I'm not aware of a way to mod the insides without unscrewing the cart & destroying the label...is there in fact a way to do this?

Labels can come off pretty easy without any damage at all. If the cart was suspect, putting it on a scale and it's weight would tell all real quick.

Reason for my question is that the label is still intact - I'm not aware of a way to mod the insides without unscrewing the cart & destroying the label...is there in fact a way to do this?

Labels can come off pretty easy without any damage at all. If the cart was suspect, putting it on a scale and it's weight would tell all real quick.

I had some game carts where the glue has gone off (gone hard) and the label just lifts straight off...had to stick them back on...

I had some game carts where the glue has gone off (gone hard) and the label just lifts straight off...had to stick them back on...

I know this is kind off-topic, but what type of glue did you use? I have a couple of carts on which the label is peeling off.

I know this is kind off-topic, but what type of glue did you use? I have a couple of carts on which the label is peeling off.

3M™ Photo Mount™ Spray Adhesive Spray Adhesive is photo safe, strong, clear and non-staining.

Used it on other old items never had any problems....

The search function is your friend.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123481

IMO he believes that a night scene label Atlantis cart is automatically an Atlantis II cart.

I agree. He really makes that impression when talking about it.

Posting a screenshot or picture of the opened cartridge would help.

8)

I thought the only difference was with the gameplay and number font. I don't think there is a difference in the actual board and ROM chip is there?

Edited by ninermaniac

With a response like this, though, it would actually be worth a little risk. What's a repro of Atlantis II in an Imagic case worth...around 20 bucks or so?

Who here would bid hundreds of dollars on that without seeing the screenshots and the guts? If there's no proof, I would think the bids would be about the cost of a repro. Then, too, it could just be a normal Atlantis cart, but that's the risk you'd take. On the other hand, it could be the real deal, and getting it for the price of a repro would be an absolute steal.