IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Not discouraged any more

RSS Bot

At least I don't think I am, that is, while I'm sitting at my computer programming Tetris 2600. I really don't want to change the name of the game, but I think I might have to. The words and numbers "TETRIS 2600" right now on the title screen are made up in Tetris shapes, but fortunately I have another name just in case: Tetchris (the H is silent.). Kind of like Edtris, but only with Chris instead of Ed. Right now I think I have the lines clearing and blocks dropping down code completed. I spent a few months not working on it because I was too mad at it, but the problem was with a row full, then a row not, then another row full. I decided that the blocks would move down twice, once for the first full line, then again for the other. While it certainly isn't the fastest way, it's the only way I can think of to do it. And not only that, it works. And once the Harmony cart is completed and ready, I can release this thing. All I have to do now is take requests for changes. I've got a request to speed up the two-player game, but in order to do that, I have to speed up the one player game as well. In order to make the game faster as more lines are completed, I'm going to have to change the variable values around to free up some. I'll post a new version later tonight or tomorrow in the batari BASIC forum.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6337