IGNORED

PS3 Slim & Price Drop

Mendon

It appears that the rumors about a price drop and new PS3 Slim are rumors no more!! I found THIS AD on Amazon this morning.

Pricing and size appears to be:

120GB PS3 Slim - $299

80GB PS3 Fat - $299

160GB Drakes Fortune Pack - $399

No release date posted by Amazon but they are taking pre-orders. And the new $299 price tag on the 80gb system is now in effect.

Mendon

Is it just me or is the new PS3's one of the ugliest thing I saw in a long time.

It's you. :P

Seriously, so many people don't like the design, yet they liked the ps2 slim? Personally, if we're going to complain about something about Sony, why has there been so few voices complaining about the wabbly plastic of the top screen of the PSP Go?

Anywho, I still think it's the right move by Sony. It makes it look like it's an "affordable" piece of hardware, instead of something big and shiny that's out of their wallet's reach. They'll catch a whole new market with this system. Pretty much the one they had with the PS2.

Back on topic, I still don't get the 299 price tag of the 80 gig fat. Hopefully it will go down once the PS3 Slim comes out, as of right now, there's little reason why you wouldn't get a slim with a 120 gig hdd. I'll be checking out fat prices here soon as my friend at work wants one.