IGNORED

I'm going to buy a PS3 Slim, can any of you recommend some good games?

Nall3k

I was looking at Uncharted because Uncharted 2 looked pretty cool. Can anyone make a recommendation - and does anyone have Alone in the Dark: Inferno? I have the 360 version and love it, but was wondering if there was anything different (significantly) that could get me to re-buy it. Thanks!

Edited by Nall3k

Can anyone make a recommendation

Game I enjoyed:

Folklore

Valkyria Chronicles

Little Big Planet

also Hakuna Matata (AKA Afrika) that's import only though.

I'd say Eye of Judgment because it's great fun to play with someone, but it rarely works right all the way through a game, not sure why. The technology needs work me thinks.

Edited by moycon

I don't own one, but considering the latest news, I've been compiling a list of priority games. Here's what I've figured out so far:

Metal Gear Solid 4

LittleBigPlanet

Ratchet & Clank Future

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Infamous

Not out yet:

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War III

I'm only buying exclusives for the console with 1 exception so far, so my list is pretty short for games I could suggest.

For multiplatform titles, I've never bought a PS3 version of a game except for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Which I also own on the 360).

Nothing I've played has really wowed me, but they've all been solid experiences that I've enjoyed and feel safe in suggesting. Avoid Formula One and the Ferrari title unless you own a wheel (Neither one is great, but they're solid games in the C+ to B- range or so if I were to rate them), since it's necessary to get any real enjoyment out of either. To a lesser extent, that applies to GT5 Prologue as well, though it's still very playable with a Dual Shock.

Retail:

Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli

Formula One Championship Edition

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

MotorStorm

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (Don't own, but enjoyed the 1st so I feel safe in suggesting it, waiting for a price drop)

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance 2 (Same comment as I said with Motorstorm Pacific Rift)

Siren: Blood Curse

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Don't own, but heard nothing but good about it, and it finally saw a price reduction a few days ago to $30)

PSN:

Calling All Cars

GTI Club +

Namco Museum Essentials (Haven't actually downloaded it yet, but I've heard good things about it)

Q*bert

Red Baron Arcade (Not to be confused with the Atari coin-op classic, but I found it entertaining)

Super Stardust HD

Worms (Expanded version of the first XBLA Worms title, not worth it for anyone that owns Worms 2 on XBLA)

For upcoming PS3 exclusives, I'm keeping an eye on and plan to buy Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5, whatever the Ico team is doing, Heavy Rain, and MAG.

Edited by Atariboy

A few of my suggestions (exclusives):

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (highly recommended)

Demon's Soul's (import available now but NA release due this fall)

Resistance 1 & 2

Valkyria Chronicles (highly recommended)

Pixel Junk Monsters - PSN (highly recommended tower defense game)

Super Stardust HD - PSN game

Command & Conquer Ultimate Edition

Everyday Shooter - PSN game

inFamous

Siren - PSN game (a disk version can be imported with full english subtitles and menus)

Mendon

SIDENOTE: Afrika is still scheduled to have a NA release with Natsume doing the distribution. Still no release date but I've read nothing of a cancellation and its still listed on Amazon as a pre-order.

Edited by Mendon

I made a comment on another site that I did not see media card slots on the Slim. Someone told me that Sony got rid of the media card slots either after the 60gb or the 80gb Motor Storm. I use the media card slots on my 60gb at birthday parties for pictures.

Do the current PS3s and the Slim still support media cards through the USB and the use of media card adapters? I thought it was a pretty cool option.

Can anyone make a recommendation

Game I enjoyed:

Folklore

Valkyria Chronicles

Little Big Planet

also Hakuna Matata (AKA Afrika) that's import only though.

I'd say Eye of Judgment because it's great fun to play with someone, but it rarely works right all the way through a game, not sure why. The technology needs work me thinks.

afrika is getting an american release september 22nd. (according to gamestop pre-order list)

id recommend:

uncharted

heavenly sword

resistence 1&2

motorstorm:pacific rift

warhawk

infamous (my highest possible recommendation)

killzone 2

as for aitd:inferno, if you like the one on 360, definitely get inferno. its only like $20 new and has so many control and interface improvements, as well as a new subway level, that its almost a completely different game. i found it infinitely more enjoyable than the 360 version for the sheer fact that the game pauses when you access the inventory alone.

Edited by xg4bx

SIDENOTE: Afrika is still scheduled to have a NA release with Natsume doing the distribution. Still no release date but I've read nothing of a cancellation and its still listed on Amazon as a pre-order.

Sweet. That will give more people a chance to play this unique and beautiful game.

•  
  • motorstorm (either game) you can get the first one for about $10, or the second for about $30. loads of fun, especially online
  • pixel junk monsters. general tower defense fun
  • battlefield 1943. it's an fps and not an exclusive, but it's $15, doesn't take much HD and since there's no disc it will be at your instant disposal forever for brainless fun.
  • gran turismo 5 prologue. it this point it may be better to hold off for full gt5, but prologue is easily the prettiest racer out there, and makes good use of ps3's compatibility with PC/PS2 racing wheels
  • zen pinball. come on, it's pinball
  • eye of judgment- fun little card game, you'll probably want a psEye anyway and the whole set can be had for $15 if you're thrifty. psp EOJ is coming soon so there may be some renewed interest in this title

also wait for sales. the playstation store has them frequently and they may be good for games that are nice, but not quite worth the full admission price. games like:

•  
  • the last guy
  • wipeout hd
  • super stardust
  • flower
  • pain

Edited by Reaperman

the playstation store has them frequently and they may be good for games that are nice, but not quite worth the full admission price.

Yes I snagged some the last time they had a sale and cimerians posted it in the PS3 DEAL thread.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146070-ps3-deal-thread/

I didn't know they did that frequently. If you see a sale going on, be sure and post it if you don't mind. I'm all over sales! LOL