IGNORED

LOL

CPUWIZ

Question? What does the id=p3826.c0.m14 mean in the original link that cpuwiz posted? Something is fishy here. Thanks FB

The original link is just abbreviated automatically...

The Full Link would look like:-

"http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-2600-ASTEROIDS-GAME-BOARD-ONLY-PROROTYPE-MINT_W0QQitemZ220472001871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item335527c54f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"

trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This bit is on all eBay.com auction links Not Fishy...

Edited by Atari Richie

Question? What does the id=p3826.c0.m14 mean in the original link that cpuwiz posted? Something is fishy here. Thanks FB

The original link is just abbreviated automatically...

The Full Link would look like:-

"http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-2600-ASTEROIDS-GAME-BOARD-ONLY-PROROTYPE-MINT_W0QQitemZ220472001871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item335527c54f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"

trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This bit is on all eBay.com auction links Not Fishy...

Thanks, it is not the auction link that was fishy; I believe this is the same seller that was trying to pass off an Atlantis cart as an Atlantis II cart on Ebay a month ago.

I just sent him a message asking him if he knew that wasn't a prototype....... Let's see what he responds......

LMK if you get a response

Here it is:

sorry to dissapoint you sir but as the ad states my father used to be a production supervisor in an atari plant this is a 2600 model but was used as a prototype/test model a year before they released the asteroids game itself that is why it has no outer case thank you for your input good luck if you decide to bid hope you have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss.

Here it is:

sorry to dissapoint you sir but as the ad states my father used to be a production supervisor in an atari plant this is a 2600 model but was used as a prototype/test model a year before they released the asteroids game itself that is why it has no outer case thank you for your input good luck if you decide to bid hope you have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss.

Priceless. :lol:

..Al

I just sent him a message painfully explaining in obvious detail why that is not a prototype. I think I was a little harsh, but I dont want another ignorant bloke to buy it thinking it is a prototype.

I'll update everyone if he responds back. :roll:

• Like 1

I just sent him a message painfully explaining in obvious detail why that is not a prototype. I think I was a little harsh, but I dont want another ignorant bloke to buy it thinking it is a prototype.

I'll update everyone if he responds back. :roll:

I don't think this is worth the hassle.

If everyone is being truthful then someone's daddy used to work somewhere that made Atari cartridges, and he ended up with some uncased boards. To him it is a rare uncirculated artifact from the golden days and you're not going to convince him otherwise. Perhaps it does have a fascinating story behind it. Perhaps Nolan Bushnell, Jay Miner, Joe Decuir, Donna Bailey, Ray Kassar, and a host of others have all kissed it. Perhaps his father hid it away à la Pulp Fiction. None of that changes the fact that it's an ordinary cartridge board with no distinguishing features.

You can try to give the seller a crash-course in Atari collectibles but if someone is persuaded blow their child's college fund on it, then I'm not sure it's our responsibility to stop them.

• 2 weeks later...