IGNORED

To NEG or not to NEG... again

the.golden.ax

Used buy it now on a SNES empty box (mortal kombat) for $5 from a seller with over 1,000 empties and manuals listed. I write the guy and tell him it was my primary reason to purchase but that I'd like to combine many others and it would take a while for me to go through his stuff and pick out those that I needed. I offered to pay the $5 and have him hold it back until I was ready. He said he would combine and 'take your time'. I don't know if you ever waded through a large collection trying to see what needs upgrade or is missing but it is a rather large task when you have several hundred games. I try to keep excel lists but it changes fairly often. Today, without any further communication, the 7th day, he files a non-pay. I remind him that I wanting to purchase others. His reply is that this is not allowed unless he agrees prior. I tell him to check his email because he did agree. He writes back and says that he never agreed to over a week, and that the non-pay alerts are automatic, there for out of his hands. I write him back (non-pays are not automated, I'm not new at this... I do not like being lied to) tell him I guess he doesn't want extra sales, paid the $5 and went along my merry way. An hour later he cancels the transaction and refunds the $5 saying the box is missing or damaged. Does a non-pay mutual that I declined. I asked him to mail my box, and he replied "NO".

I have my money back.... He missed out on what would have been around $80 of sales on boxes because he couldn't wait for $5. How this guy has over 3000+ 100% is beyond me. :| If I neg him, he will find a friend to mess my account up. (yeah I know I should have a buying and selling account...)

Does he deserve a neg? Just for my own sake of venting (prolly won't do it) but I feel better telling yall when someone is a jerk on eBay.

AX

I don't think I'd neg in this situation. It may be irratating but he didn't rip you off and there were communciation gaps on both sides. Although an email reminder would have been nicer, if he didn't hear back from you in a week, I can see why he thought you were a non-payer.

Experiences like these clearly hint it is better to have a separate buyer and seller account, but I'm curious, how do you deal with starting a zero feedback seller account? Some buyers do not trust low feedback sellers

In his case he could make the buyer account the new zero feedback account.