IGNORED

ROMs that blackscreen on Prosystem emulator

Mord

There are some 64k (and apparently 128k) roms that don't play properly on Prosystem. You just get a black screen when you load it. Using Prosystem version 13e, this still happens to me. If I remember correctly, you can work around this by doubling up the rom to 128k but every time I try I can't get a functioning rom.

So! For the idiots like me! If anyone has functioning roms made, could you post it to the thread as well as tell which version of prosystem you're using? :)

Some of the roms I can't seem to get to work right now on any of the 5 versions of prosystem I have:

Rampage

Tower Toppler (Im sure I played it at least once...)

Double Dragon (I even made screenshots for the game so...)

Scrapyard Dog (To this I say WTF? I had a functioning copy of it before but can't get it working anymore!!)

These work fine for me on 1.3e. They're probably the same ones hosted by AA though, I don't remember doing anything special for them:

Tower Toppler:

TOWERTOP.A78

Double Dragon:

Doubledragon.a78

Scrapyard Dog:

Scrapyard Dog (1990) (Atari).a78

I don't have Rampage, and looks like AA doesn't have it either.

I've seen problems like this happen from not having all the files in the Prosystem directory. Do you have these? They should be in the same folder as ProSystem.exe:

ProSystem.chm

ProSystem.dat

Edited by gdement

These work fine for me on 1.3e. They're probably the same ones hosted by AA though, I don't remember doing anything special for them:

Tower Toppler:

TOWERTOP.A78

Double Dragon:

Doubledragon.a78

Scrapyard Dog:

I've seen problems like this happen from not having all the files in the Prosystem directory. Do you have these? They should be in the same folder as ProSystem.exe:

ProSystem.chm

ProSystem.dat

Of those only Tower Toppler worked for me. :|

Tower Toppler:

TOWERTOP.A78

Double Dragon:

Doubledragon.a78

Scrapyard Dog:

ProSystem.chm

ProSystem.dat

Have you tried here?

Mitch

Have you tried here?

Mitch

Not yet, but I did some disecting of my Prosystem just then. I deleted the copy of ProSystem.ini and then restarted the emulator. All the roms above now work.

I think I know what caused it too. I had since moved the directory the emulator was in on the harddrive, but the emulator kept looking for prosystem.dat based on it's ini file - apparently failed to find it, and black screened... deleting the ini forced it to recreate a new one.