IGNORED

Question about shipping from Australia

EricDeLee

What is an expected ship time for a package coming from Australia?

I won an auction on 31JUL, payment cleared 3AUG. I still have not seen anything or heard anything. Should I be worried at this point?

What are the guidelines of paypal and ebay in regards to filing complaints. I honestly don't want to do anything yet, but I also want to make sure I don't lose out on $130 + shipping for missing a timeline.

Any suggestions? I sent a question to the seller this morning, hopefully I will get an answer before too long.

Thanks

I've had letters from New Zealand in under a week and parcels from Australia in around a month or so. I'm on the other side of the pond to you but I guess up to 6 weeks should be OK. For example I've had stuff sent media mail from the states and its taken 6 weeks to get here. It all depends what you've paid for. What shipping method did they use?

Once, I sent a package *to* Australia using not the cheapest and it took about a month to get there. It's been a while since I did it and don't remember which exact method I used but it wasn't the cheapest. So you should be okay. Also anything coming from there has taken about the same (they have some really neat SMS and Genesis items there!).

Nathan

I am currently in the process of receiving some items from Australia

the seller has talked to their post office and they quoted

SEA MAIL @ 12 weeks

Air Mail @ 4 days

Both seem off 12 weeks seems like a long time and 4 days seems to fast ?

Edited by FND

You should have had it by now.

In my experience it usually takes about 2 weeks to send to the USA.

If the seller didnt send it registered then thats his loss not yours.

I would wait another 2 weeks then i would ask for a refund from the seller and if he wont do that then put in a paypal claim.

From paypal's "Eligibility Requirements" page :-

"Buyers must raise a dispute within 45 days of a single PayPal payment for the full price of the item. If no satisfactory response is received from the seller, a claim must be filed within 20 days of raising the dispute."

Don't wait 6 weeks, get your dispute in sooner ;).

From paypal's "Eligibility Requirements" page :-

"Buyers must raise a dispute within 45 days of a single PayPal payment for the full price of the item. If no satisfactory response is received from the seller, a claim must be filed within 20 days of raising the dispute."

Don't wait 6 weeks, get your dispute in sooner ;).

It should have arrived by now. The stuff Isend to the US gets there is a couple of days. If he sent it sea mail, good luck with it ever arriving ;)

I would wait another 2 weeks then i would ask for a refund from the seller and if he wont do that then put in a paypal claim.

I agree, 2 weeks no matter which method the item has been sent.

If it's sea mail - it's going to be 2-3 months - no shit!

An ebayer sent me a bunch of stuff surface (sea mail) from Canada to Australia. I left some pretty pissed neg feedback - but took his word for it and it finally arrived. Once you get over waiting for it - one day it just suddenly arrives and it's like your Birthday over again.

What is an expected ship time for a package coming from Australia?

I won an auction on 31JUL, payment cleared 3AUG. I still have not seen anything or heard anything. Should I be worried at this point?

What are the guidelines of paypal and ebay in regards to filing complaints. I honestly don't want to do anything yet, but I also want to make sure I don't lose out on $130 + shipping for missing a timeline.

Any suggestions? I sent a question to the seller this morning, hopefully I will get an answer before too long.

Thanks

Unless you specifically asked/paid for air mail shipping, it's coming to you surface. If it's coming surface, then that means by ship. And ships don't leave all that often :) well not carrying post, anyway. They may, so I understand, wait until the packages form a decent load and then ship them as one lot. I'd be quite unsurprised to see the shipping in this case take 2-3 months. It's happened to me occasionally, going the other way.

I think you need to talk to the seller and find out what shipping was actually used.

Cheers

A

That's the most uninformed and unhelpful post I've seen for some time. What planet are you on?

It is the buyer's responsibility to request and pay for registration and insurance, not the seller's!

If he hasn't paid for quick and/or validated shipping... it's way way too early to be filing a claim.

It would be reasonable after three or four MONTHS to do so.

That's the most uninformed and unhelpful post I've seen for some time. What planet are you on?

It is the buyer's responsibility to request and pay for registration and insurance, not the seller's!

If he hasn't paid for quick and/or validated shipping... it's way way too early to be filing a claim.

second that. although as far as postage goes i'm surprised anyone considers using surface mail these days! I guess it is economical for really heavy items. If someone mails you an item you bought on ebay via surface they are a tight ass and deserve neg feedback, but the item will arrive... oneday... so unpaid item dispute is kind of harsh. Is it true usps don't do surface anymore?

Let me explain it to you,if the seller does not send it registered then he is open for a paypal claim against him for "item not received" he is even open for a claim if the item is delivered,its in the sellers interest to get a signature so he can prove that it was delivered and far as three or four months to to file a claim,its too late them you only have 45 days..lol..

Edited by pangasinan

• 3 weeks later...