IGNORED

Question about shipping from Australia

EricDeLee

Last time I emailed him I got this response:

You chose seamail shipping and that can take 12 weeks to arrive, putting in a claim will result in the funds being withdrawn out of my paypal account and as you chose seamail to ship Im not sure that putting in a claim would be fair as it is still on it's way? I even sent through the customs number as proof that is has been shipped can email a copy for you if you like? But filing a dispute doesnt seem right when I have done everything correct as a seller.

(I didn't know that I chose seamail... but regardless... I guess I did)

I got a Customs number... not really sure if that amounts to anything though

Last time I emailed him I got this response:

You chose seamail shipping and that can take 12 weeks to arrive, putting in a claim will result in the funds being withdrawn out of my paypal account and as you chose seamail to ship Im not sure that putting in a claim would be fair as it is still on it's way? I even sent through the customs number as proof that is has been shipped can email a copy for you if you like? But filing a dispute doesnt seem right when I have done everything correct as a seller.

(I didn't know that I chose seamail... but regardless... I guess I did)

I got a Customs number... not really sure if that amounts to anything though

Nope, customs number via sea mail is useless. I bet the seller sent it to you. I would always insist on airmail to the US from Australia. Keep that in mind for next time.

Andrew is right - 4 months by sea is not unheard of - problem with paypal/ebay they only allow 45 days to make claims. I won 3 seperate items on evilbay back in June from the UK. In each case the seller had woefully underquoted and after threats and heated exchanges they sent the items....seamail. 2 of the items arrived just 2 weeks ago....the 3rd who knows. I can't make a claim and the seller swears he sent it. Airmail is 4-10 days to the US. I am a collector at the butt end of the earth and I sympathise. Hang in there it may well turn up when you least expect!

What is an expected ship time for a package coming from Australia?

I won an auction on 31JUL, payment cleared 3AUG. I still have not seen anything or heard anything. Should I be worried at this point?

A sea mail package containing an XEGS lot purchased on eBay took more than 70 days from Oz to Germany, and the seller shipped the neaxt day after payment (according to the stamp on the package). I was even unable to leave positive feedback for him.

PayPal accepts claims only within a 60 days period of time, so it's your risk if you do not file one (as was mine). In any case, I'd contact the seller first and explain the situation to him.

HTH,

Thorsten

Yep... I'm playing the waiting game. Hopefully they arrive sometime in the near future.

Just looked back through my seamail records from Australia to Canada ... 63 days was the longest :) Slow but reliable! Hang in there Eric :)

i guess i beat you with about 85 days for a huge package full of Atari & HES that i had gotten over a period of a few months back in 1999/2000. he shipped a 30 pounds heavy box by sea mail and i wasn't even hoping to get it anymore after more than two months ...

but the worst was a boxed axlon techforce set that took over 4 months shipped from the US .... so i can't say shippin from AU is the worst ... for a long long time it was the cheapest shipping costs on the planet ...

and yes to reliability: i have recieved all of my items within the last 10 or 11 years!!!

Edited by jahfish

• 2 weeks later...

The wait is over! LOL

Today... it arrived!

It was mailed out 8AUG09. Showed up today... 13OCT09.

Wow! That was a long wait. At least it wasn't broke or damaged. It came in perfect condition!

(SIDE NOTE: My Mr Do Castle came in the mail as well. I now have all of the Parker Bros games! )

The wait is over! LOL

Today... it arrived!

It was mailed out 8AUG09. Showed up today... 13OCT09.

Wow! That was a long wait. At least it wasn't broke or damaged. It came in perfect condition!

(SIDE NOTE: My Mr Do Castle came in the mail as well. I now have all of the Parker Bros games! )

Glad to see my countryman came through! - I alas have given up on a parcel from the UK sent back in June - it is I am afraid a lost $200 down the tube on a limited edition mega drive pack icon_sad.gif

ah the wonders of ebay