IGNORED

Resistance?

rxd

So I finally broke down and bought a PS3 2 weeks ago, I figured at $300 why not. But I have to say this, I've heard for quite a while how great Resistance is and how it's just as good or better than Gears of War and Halo 3 are. I mean really? Am I missing something here? This is nothing against the PS3 it seems like a real nice machine but I honestly feel like I've been duped here. I'm not very far into the game, is it going to get better or is this it?

No its not better than those but its good at what its supposed to be.

A simple 1st person shooter. Key word: simple

Great for people who want to play alone or local co-op and dont want the hastle of learning too much.

The story and game is linear with some cool weapons. Its got some beastly monsters towards the end.

I liked it for what it is for the low price of 20 or 30 bucks its a nice simple 1st person shooter that isnt trying to be "better" than anything else.

Thats the media and fanboys talking.

Give it a chance and get the second one later on. I'm waiting for the 2nd one's price to drop cause I dont think these games are worth 60 bucks.

Reisistance on the PSP is very underated. Very fun.

i think alot of its hype was there because it was honestly the only good game ps3 had for about a year.

i enjoyed the game for what it was. one thing that never gets mentioned about the resistance games is how long they are. it seriously took me about a month to beat the 1st one, playing it every other day or so.

if you want to be suitably impressed, give uncharted a try. its easily one of my favorite games of all time. it sold about 2.5 million copies but its still depressingly underrated. it has some of the best writing and characters ive ever seen in gaming and is a textbook example of great production values and direction.

Only part of the game I really liked is when you and a squad had to work your way down that one street and into some building. But other than that I didn't see anything THAT great about it. At least not compared to GOW 1 & 2. I plan on picking up the 2nd as well but am waiting for a price drope.

I didn't feel it was worth another run thru just to try out new weapons. But I may play thru it again in co-op with my son sometime..

So I finally broke down and bought a PS3 2 weeks ago, I figured at $300 why not. But I have to say this, I've heard for quite a while how great Resistance is and how it's just as good or better than Gears of War and Halo 3 are. I mean really? Am I missing something here? This is nothing against the PS3 it seems like a real nice machine but I honestly feel like I've been duped here. I'm not very far into the game, is it going to get better or is this it?

Same story here for me. I bought a price-drop PS3 and picked up Resistance and was a bit dissapointed.

-Lee