IGNORED

screwed again

Reaperman

so I make a couple ebay/amazon purchases a day, and generally do pretty well. I even used to sell on ebay back when I lived somewhere with good thrift shops. I get screwed surprisingly little. Now, I've heard of this happening before, but it's never happened to me. This auction (there were multiple, so yes, you still have a chance to buy your own)

I got an improperly sealed empty envelope--with tracking on it. Great. The 1" flap has obviously been folded over on itself leaving 1/4" of unglued flap in contact with the envelope surface. No, I don't know how intentional it was, but it looks pretty bad.

So I have gotten the package, and damn quickly too. they can prove it, and it's empty.

that's just freaking spiffy.

looks like another paypal and neg situation.

as I see it, it's not worth communicating with this seller. It's going to be more trouble than its worth. Either it was a mistake, he doesn't believe me and I feel like a jerk, or it was on purpose, he pretends not to believe me and I still feel like a jerk. But I still don't have my freaking game.

I'll throw a pic up in a few minutes, but at a glance it looks like an honest mistake until you consider all that would have had to happen wrong to get it that way. creasing/folding the flap, selecting envelopes which don't glue the bottom 1/4" of flap--that kind of thing.

dsc0127xg.th.jpg

dsc0125gi.th.jpg

dsc0126ls.th.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

WOW... I saw this seller on Craigslist last night... they are a new store an hour away from me, and I was considering a visit in person. They are in an old Gamestop location in Tennessee. Maybe I'll go get your game for you when I'm there. Phone number is on the listing, call em.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

yeah, on one hand they appear totally legit--their feedback is about as good as it gets and they have a physical location.

on the other hand, this looks fairly intentional. maybe a crooked or under-trained employee?

Assuming they're reasonably legit, no matter what happens they're going to see me as a jerk unless I take no action at all. It doesn't matter if I ask for my game, or just ding their feedback. Since I'm stuck being a jerk anyway, I may as well give them one chance to fix it. Then I'll feel better about being a *real* jerk if/when it doesn't happen.

I have time to ponder, as ebay has a waiting period on dinging their score and walking away. I know this because I tried, and they probably do this to prevent hot-headed actions like that.

Edited by Reaperman

well they sent me an email telling me they'd refund me, and then followed up with a phone call. At first I thought I detected a bit 'we know you got the game,' but that's all to be expected, I suppose. It all went away when he figured out I was a bit too old to care about screwing somebody out of $16. I'd say they're stand up individuals.

Really I think the reason it turned out so well and so quickly was that there was a brick and mortar store involved. A private seller would have probably taken things much more personally. I know I probably would have. And I really don't mean to sound neg-happy, I haven't actually hit anybody with bad feedback in 2 years. Of course I generally don't bother leaving positive feedback these days either, as I'm only a buyer, and ebay provides no motivation for me to do so.

Should have asked for another copy to replace the invisible one you received :D - it looks like shadowrun is a cool game. The coverpic looks interesting. :cool:

Im glad it all worked out for you! :D

Ax would kicked there ASSES if it didnt. :P

Shadowrun is an ok game..I like the SNES version better playwise but in the Genrsis version you can choose your class..BIG plus!

Both are totally different games tho.