IGNORED

Silver Label Asteriods in this BIN

orangest

Silver label asteroids is was one of the most difficult carts I everh had to find.

I drove myself mad looking through Atari lots with 'Asteroids' in the title for months.

If you are a completionist and need a silver label asteroids, do yourself a favor and jump all over this.

Seriously. I think I needed therapy by the time I was done...

icon_ponder.gif

Silver label asteroids is was one of the most difficult carts I everh had to find.

I drove myself mad looking through Atari lots with 'Asteroids' in the title for months.

If you are a completionist and need a silver label asteroids, do yourself a favor and jump all over this.

Seriously. I think I needed therapy by the time I was done...

icon_ponder.gif

Jesus, I'm glad I'm not that much of a completionist......

In all seriousness, is the silver Asteroids really that rare? I suppose it would be, being by that time the silver label came out, just about everyone had Asteroids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

i don't have one, but don't feel like paying $60 for one at the moment. :)

edit: "Asteroids", that is... :x :D

Looks like someone side dealed the Asteroids out of the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=220483997042

Same shit... different day. lol

I've only recorded 4 sales of silver label Asteroids cartridges dating back to 2005.

2007-12-27 $30.00 BIN

2008-08-10 $19.99

2009-05-19 $42.00 BIN

2009-06-07 $13.49

Our Atari 2600 Price Guide price has the game cartridge listed at $22.70 and rarity R9.

JC

Atari2600.com

JC,

I sold the one for $42 but I also sold one on eBay for $69.95 on February 24, 2008 from my eBay store. Does your database NOT include items sold in eBay stores?

I agree that the rarity is in the 9 range. The silver Asteroids shows up far less than Quadrun, Qubes, ect. but the price level doesn't reflect the true rarity of the item.

I agree that the rarity is in the 9 range. The silver Asteroids shows up far less than Quadrun, Qubes, ect. but the price level doesn't reflect the true rarity of the item.

It's pretty goofy to assume that a label variation (collected by relatively few) will have the same value as a truly rare-in-any-form game just because they seem to be equally hard to locate. I mean, you're talking about Asteroids; paying $40+ for it is ludicrous, and this is coming from a guy with walls filled with minor variations of E.T. and Ms. Pac-Man. Quadrun and Qubes are rare games (which are sought not just as collectibles but for play value as well); Asteroids is Asteroids. Besides, price levels shouldn't reflect "true rarity", they should reflect demand. There's just not as high of a demand for an Asteroids label variant as there is for Quadrun, and there never will be.

Besides, price levels shouldn't reflect "true rarity", they should reflect demand. There's just not as high of a demand for an Asteroids label variant as there is for Quadrun, and there never will be.

The silver label Asteroids cartridge is a perfect example of supply and demand. The supply is extremely small and so is the demand. Supply and demand balance in the mid-$20 range on average. Another way to put it is silver label Asteroids should find a buyer in the mid-$20 range in a reasonably short time. Games in short supply with limited demand can explosively increase in value with a moderate increase in demand.

I sold the one for $42 but I also sold one on eBay for $69.95 on February 24, 2008 from my eBay store. Does your database NOT include items sold in eBay stores?

Yes I do include eBay store sales within the database sales records. I must have missed your Feb 2008 sale so I've added it to the Atari 2600 Price Guide database. This sale increased the Price Guide value of Silver label Asteroids cartridge only from $22.70 to $26.34.

JC

Atari2600.com

The auction is still active but Asteroids is no longer a part of it.

Who made the side deal?

It wasn't a side deal. It was sold on eBay under a different eBay name but the times match up so I am sure that this is it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280400525906&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D280400525906%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1