IGNORED

Draconland - Persian Prince 2600 - Guardian sprites

RSS Bot

I've finished all the guardian sprites for the PoP project.

This gif show more or less the final result. I have better sprites here, just not update them to the gif (it's quite boring). The animations are : 1 - stand, atack pose 2 - walking - 3 - Touché! - 4 get hit - 5 die with pain!

The block animation (defending the prince attacks) is done also. Hm... I need draw the special death such split by half if the guardian goes to trap (that kind of "wall blade", don't know the name of that).

The dead animation don't know if possible to look like that. It doesn't require a special color table for each frame, the trick is to move the sprite vertically (and the color must follow the sprite) see the example below, but I don't know if the kernal support this.

Trust me, the animation looks even cooler in motion. These animations uses a static position and don't make much sense. Just for record, the grey pixels is a missile object, it share the same player color, you notice I use some pixels sometimes to draw the feet. I'm using another color to help me in the binary conversion.

Get hit and die animation require a bit more work. What really matter is how they look in the real hardware, not in this gif.

Feel free to post feedbacks, critics and others. I don't care if you say it's sucks, since you spot me what exactly sucks. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=263&showentry=6475