IGNORED

cheapest and best joystick replacement?

lucifershalo

what is the cheapest and most efficient way to replace the official flimsy joystick?

another joystick to recommend?

a dongle to use another machine joystick?

thanks

its really hard to say since even with a home made "dongle" adapter type device you still need to add at minimum a start button be it a masterplay interface that makes playing missilecommand,gorf,superbreakout,starwars,kaboom impossible to play or use the capacitor method and use an analog pc joystick

having no electrical skill and having to buy something that does everything the original does "without using an original" would cost quite a bit being that the only aftermarket repacement is the wico with the keypad unit

the starcon is impossible to find being that there is only about 100 in existance(i was lucky to get a joystick a couple buttons and the keypad from his wife when she was selling the crap in his garage)

the trakball kind of sucks it has its place but its not good for much

if i didnt know what i was doing it woudl seem like an extremely daunting task

its not like say a nintendo where there is lots of aftermarket joysticks

i wouldnt even know what to charge for my lunchbox type joystick being that the components alone are such a variable cost

it has 5 buttons which are about $2 each a wico balltop arcade component which runs around $15(more or less depending on age) but they don't make them anymore 2 potentiometers that cost about $3 each the knobs were $1 each a nine pin plug to use a 2600 "video touchpad" the video touchpad(which only come with star raiders)but they run $5-$10 on ebay

and the enclosure home made is priceless but to buy one in an electronic store probably woudl be $20 for something that size

even if someone offered me $100 for it i dont know if i would sell it since i would hate have for a wire to come loose from my sloppy birdnest wiring mess inside i would pitty the person that woudl have to figure out where it went