IGNORED

Multi Carts

ataridoctor

I want to know about the multi carts for the 5200. Tha atarimax usb sounds like it doesnt come with the games. Do you have to find your own roms? Can you get a multicart with the games on it? Without the dip switches. I want one and any help is appreciated. Thanks Paul K

Like lucifershalo said, the Atarimax USB one is great. It's the one I have. ROMs are available all over the place, including on this site. The real benefit of the USB cart is the ability to add games if you want. You're never stuck with the ones on the cart already.

Atarimax USB Cart is a great product, but in hindsight, I would have been better off with the older pre-programmed Atarimax cart that had games on it. Unfortunately, there are several 8-bit conversions on that cart which have never been publicly released. I asked the Atarimax guy about them after buying the USB cart in the spring, many times. In June, told me he would release the rest every week or so. He put out Chicken, and nothing more.

• 3 weeks later...

Atarimax USB Cart is a great product, but in hindsight, I would have been better off with the older pre-programmed Atarimax cart that had games on it. Unfortunately, there are several 8-bit conversions on that cart which have never been publicly released. I asked the Atarimax guy about them after buying the USB cart in the spring, many times. In June, told me he would release the rest every week or so. He put out Chicken, and nothing more.

Yeah Steve told me the same thing when I bought mine and several months later released Spy Hunter and then nothing until Chicken. Can't blame him, he sells individual carts of the unreleased ones and I guess he figures if the roms are released nobody'd buy them. I have both multicarts myself, well worth the $$.

Yeah Steve told me the same thing when I bought mine and several months later released Spy Hunter and then nothing until Chicken. Can't blame him, he sells individual carts of the unreleased ones and I guess he figures if the roms are released nobody'd buy them. I have both multicarts myself, well worth the $$.

I'd have no problem with that, although when he posted Chicken several people, who never knew he was selling the games, replied they were buying some. Can't say if they did. But shouldn't be telling everyone you're releasing the games and never do. I didn't know there was an older multi-cart he released with those games pre-programmed. I have a large number of 5200 cartridges, and the USB cart was mainly to play prototype and unreleased games on. When I found that his original carts were still being sold, I wrote him and said I might want to return the USB, because his first MC could play far more prototype/unreleased games than the USB. That's when he said he didn't realize he hadn't released the rest of the computer conversions, but that he would do so. That was in June. At the time, I figured I would take his word for it, and that buying the USB cart was better for him than returning it and buying the old cart from somebody elses website. Now I wish I had. There's only like 3 or 4 of the unreleased games I'd like, such as Atlantis, Demon Attack, Fast Eddie, and Pastfinder. I'm not going to spend another $120 on top of the $130 already though. It would be cheaper to buy an Atari 800 and the games on that.

I have both myself as well. Classics has every right to not release the roms and I got the multicart (after I had the flashcart) on Ebay in with some other games for about 1/2 the new price. The games on it that I don't have on the flashcart are below, so it was worth it for me.

Atlantis

Attack of the Mutant Camels

Batty Builders

Claim Jumper

Clowns and Balloons

Crossfire

Demon Attack

Desmonds Dungeon

Diamond Mine

Fast Eddie

Ixion

Jawbreaker

K-Star Patrol

Mr Cool

O’Riley’s Mine

Pacific Coast Highway

Pastfinder

Shamus

Turmoil

Worm War I

• 2 weeks later...

I have both myself as well. Classics has every right to not release the roms and I got the multicart (after I had the flashcart) on Ebay in with some other games for about 1/2 the new price. The games on it that I don't have on the flashcart are below, so it was worth it for me.

I didn't say he didn't. Only was disappointed that he told me he would for sure, but then did not. I'm not buying another Multicart. I could buy an 800XL and the usb flash cart for the 800, and have $ to spare. Edited by Greg2600