IGNORED

Potential fake Atari Prototypes on eBay

disjaukifa

Check out this two auctions I just found:

Atari 2600 Unknown Activision Proto #1

Atari 2600 Unknown Activision Proto #2

This might be legit but in my mind it screams "I lost the label to these games . . .I know PROTOTYPES!!!!".

What do ya'll think?

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

It's Hozer. Big time fakes. That little smiley gives them away everytime. ;)

Yeah I thought the same thing, I was like "Prototypes don't have nice color labels that say "Unknown Prototypes". I think that is what I think is the funniest till I say they actually had bids . . . I feel sorry for the buyer.

-Disjaukifa

Yeah I thought the same thing, I was like "Prototypes don't have nice color labels that say "Unknown Prototypes". I think that is what I think is the funniest till I say they actually had bids . . . I feel sorry for the buyer.

-Disjaukifa

I just hate it when he gets big money sometimes for his fakes. Be careful and read the description completely. He is careful not to call the originals.

-Disjaukifa

I just hate it when he gets big money sometimes for his fakes. Be careful and read the description completely. He is careful not to call the originals.

What does its a Hozer mean? I just started collecting a few weeks ago and I have no idea what that it.

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Haha! Did you read prototype #2? The description is absolutely NOTHING like the actual game.

"Not much is known about this cart, as it was discovered just a few years ago. This game looks similar to Coleco Football as much as anything else. You have a group of players like blockers and you move across the screen from left to right absorbing or repelling characters of different colors. Sometimes you want to attack, sometimes you want to dodge."

If the screenshot on the "prototype cart" is accurate that's the little game with the alien where you stack the blocks to climb on to go home! Stupid Hozer garbage, it's sad to think that people will pay money for this crap when a simple AA search would prove it the falsehood that it is.

EDIT: Is it okay to report these fraudulent auctions on ePay? I always want to report these losers for fleecing people out of money!

Edited by CebusCapucinis

-Disjaukifa

What does its a Hozer mean? I just started collecting a few weeks ago and I have no idea what that it.

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Definition of Hozer: The act of hosing someone.

As in

"I am going to Hozer you!

[quote name='disjaukifa' date='Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 PM' timestamp='1253935538'

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Hozer Video is the name of the logo for the guy who creates these fakes. I won't mention his name because it sends the forums into a conundrum of flying fists when they hear it. :D

Edited by ninermaniac

Hozer Video is the name of the logo for the guy who creates these fakes. I won't mention his name because it sends the forums into a conundrum of flying fists when they hear it. :D

Heh heh...we pull out the scissors and ready ourselves for some "human arts n' crafts" :evil: :evil:

Haha! Did you read prototype #2? The description is absolutely NOTHING like the actual game.

"Not much is known about this cart, as it was discovered just a few years ago. This game looks similar to Coleco Football as much as anything else. You have a group of players like blockers and you move across the screen from left to right absorbing or repelling characters of different colors. Sometimes you want to attack, sometimes you want to dodge."

If the screenshot on the "prototype cart" is accurate that's the little game with the alien where you stack the blocks to climb on to go home! Stupid Hozer garbage, it's sad to think that people will pay money for this crap when a simple AA search would prove it the falsehood that it is.

EDIT: Is it okay to report these fraudulent auctions on ePay? I always want to report these losers for fleecing people out of money!

Do ya'll remember that prototype auction that ended for 255 earlier this week, this is reminding me of it. I had bid on the other prototype auction but then I joined this site did a little research and realized it was fake and canceled my bid (didn't have to though my make bid was 25 bucks).

Still what is Hozer Video??? Was it a publisher for the 2600? I have never heard of them.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

Heh heh...we pull out the scissors and ready ourselves for some "human arts n' crafts" :evil: :evil:

OOOOk, good to know. Do not mention H0zer in this thread and avoid it on ePay . . . it has been recorded and logged!!!

I thought it was illegal to sell fake cartridges on ebay . . . .

-Disjaukifa

It's a huge grey area that they just won't touch it seems. Some people really do create games and sell them. I used to sell Malagai created carts that had legit chips in them and I got reported for that one time. Some times the seller can talk their way through things. Maybe he has a good rep with eBay and talks with them everyday on the phone. Don't know. :ponder:

Edited by ninermaniac

It's a huge grey area that they just won't touch it seems. Some people really do create games and sell them. I used to sell Malagai created carts that had legit chips in them and I got reported for that one time. Some times the seller can talk their way through things. Maybe he has a good rep with eBay and talks with them everyday on the phone. Don't know. :ponder:

Yeah I was wondering that if I wanted to sell a homebrew I programmed on ePay. I wonder if I would get reported.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

Yeah I was wondering that if I wanted to sell a homebrew I programmed on ePay. I wonder if I would get reported.

-Disjaukifa

Probably not but who knows. All it takes is for the right person and it will be pulled. My situation didn't get pulled but I was asked for an explanation and I asked them if they read my whole listing then they just left it alone. What kind of homebrews are you planning on making? :ponder:

-Disjaukifa

Probably not but who knows. All it takes is for the right person and it will be pulled. My situation didn't get pulled but I was asked for an explanation and I asked them if they read my whole listing then they just left it alone. What kind of homebrews are you planning on making? :ponder:

Atomic Meltdown is going to be my first release. Its a simple game, don't hit anything!!! Its not done yet and needs work, but I have 1 Player, 2 Player Coop, and 2 Player VS working. After you hit the fire button the Title Screen, you then hit Game Select to change modes and then fire to start that mode.

Try it out and let me know what you think!!!

-Disjaukifa

-Disjaukifa

Atomic Meltdown is going to be my first release. Its a simple game, don't hit anything!!! Its not done yet and needs work, but I have 1 Player, 2 Player Coop, and 2 Player VS working. After you hit the fire button the Title Screen, you then hit Game Select to change modes and then fire to start that mode.

Try it out and let me know what you think!!!

-Disjaukifa

Cool. I'll fire up Stella and give it a try. :)

Cool. I'll fire up Stella and give it a try. :)

Hey,

Thanks it means alot. I am new to the programing Atari 2600 so it needs refinement . . . . and sound . . . . and well a way to win 1st Player mode . . . it just keeps on going till you lose . . . but it will be fixed :D sometime this weekend I hope!!

-Disjaukifa

That looks so horrible, I'm surprised sellers can sell those carts . . . I'm surprised buyers are willing to pay for them.

-Disjaukifa