IGNORED

Chuckwagon - Opinions Wanted - Group Affiliations

Parrothead

First off, I tried to modify my long standing thread above, but it won't let me use the "Full Editor" option ??

So, I hope it's cool to post this question here, as the opinions of our AA members are very important to me.

I am thinking about integrating Group Affiliations into the auction site. This is what I am thinking.

1) During registration of new members and also in the update account area of existing members having a place where members can designate they are part of another gaming community. I would initially use (Screw Attack, Cheap Ass Gamer, Atari Age, Nintendo Age, Digital Press & KLOV). They would check box the groups they are a member of and it could be more than one.

2) Next, I would add very small icons that would sit within the "Your Seller" box on the listing pages that would serve to show what Gaming Communities the member is affiliated with. These Group Affiliation icons would also be seen on the member home pages somewhere as well.

3) Finally, we would add a drop down menu in the Advanced Search area so members could search for items for sale by others in those specific communities. So if you are a member of Atari Age and you want to search games for sale only from other members of Atari Age, you could do that.

How does this sound to you all? Should I do this?

Chime in please.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

First off, I tried to modify my long standing thread above, but it won't let me use the "Full Editor" option ??

So, I hope it's cool to post this question here, as the opinions of our AA members are very important to me.

I am thinking about integrating Group Affiliations into the auction site. This is what I am thinking.

1) During registration of new members and also in the update account area of existing members having a place where members can designate they are part of another gaming community. I would initially use (Screw Attack, Cheap Ass Gamer, Atari Age, Nintendo Age, Digital Press & KLOV). They would check box the groups they are a member of and it could be more than one.

2) Next, I would add very small icons that would sit within the "Your Seller" box on the listing pages that would serve to show what Gaming Communities the member is affiliated with. These Group Affiliation icons would also be seen on the member home pages somewhere as well.

3) Finally, we would add a drop down menu in the Advanced Search area so members could search for items for sale by others in those specific communities. So if you are a member of Atari Age and you want to search games for sale only from other members of Atari Age, you could do that.

How does this sound to you all? Should I do this?

Chime in please.

This is a great ideal Mike! My only thing is i would want a way to see how long that these other people i could be buying from has been a member of said site(AtariAge,CheapAssGamer,ect).

More than a few people tend to buy from members here(and other sites am sure)that have more than one or two sales under there belt.

Am sure could just check here and the other sites to see any problems or no problems people have had buying from them.

It would just be easier that way but that just my thoughts on it but still a awesome ideal. :)