IGNORED

What's up with this auction?

Hatta

Check this completed eBay auction out: http://cgi.ebay.com/commodore-64-1541-computer-system-w-all-cables-games_W0QQitemZ300349697088QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ee3cac40&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Am I off base here, or did that go for *way* more than that lot is worth? What would motivate someone to

bid so high on that lot instead of just waiting for the next one? I don't see anything special about it.

That sounds about right, I was thinking $30-35. They're pretty common.

tjb

I owned a C64 once, but never really got into it, I found it a yard sale for 5 bucks, in box mint, ended up selling it for 100 bucks about 3 years ago . . guess I did alright :D

-Disjaukifa

Check this completed eBay auction out: http://cgi.ebay.com/commodore-64-1541-computer-system-w-all-cables-games_W0QQitemZ300349697088QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ee3cac40&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Am I off base here, or did that go for *way* more than that lot is worth? What would motivate someone to

bid so high on that lot instead of just waiting for the next one? I don't see anything special about it.

Looks like he has several auctions that have been posted for higher than necessary. I hear alot about local computer / game stores posting fake auctions and buying them at no cost...paying the fees and using those prices from an ebay 30 60 or 90 day priceguide and selling same items in storefront....Pretty lame, but it rips peeps off all the time...Hopefully if this was a real auction the person really feels like they got a great deal....

I would say so. You turned a pretty good profit there icon_smile.gif

tjb

Yeah I did even though it was not my intent, one of my class mates in college said he was looking for a C64 and I told him I had one in box, he asked how much, I just through 100 out there and he said sure, got paid the next day!

-Disjaukifa

Check this completed eBay auction out: http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

Looks like he has several auctions that have been posted for higher than necessary. I hear alot about local computer / game stores posting fake auctions and buying them at no cost...paying the fees and using those prices from an ebay 30 60 or 90 day priceguide and selling same items in storefront....Pretty lame, but it rips peeps off all the time...Hopefully if this was a real auction the person really feels like they got a great deal....

I think quite a few Ebay sellers do that. It's essentially a fool-proof way of getting people to pay higher prices; point to another auction of the same item & just make bidders think it's a fair price.

There was an auction yesterday for a vader 2600. In the line description the seller said a similar vader 2600 went for $160 on Ebay recently. And it probably did. But I suspect it was due to an alt account or a friend bidding the price the up, nothing else. Caveat emptor, I suppose, and the final bid for that auction got nowhere near $160, but I think it's still unbelievably wrong to try fooling people like that.

Check this completed eBay auction out: http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

I think quite a few Ebay sellers do that. It's essentially a fool-proof way of getting people to pay higher prices; point to another auction of the same item & just make bidders think it's a fair price.

There was an auction yesterday for a vader 2600. In the line description the seller said a similar vader 2600 went for $160 on Ebay recently. And it probably did. But I suspect it was due to an alt account or a friend bidding the price the up, nothing else. Caveat emptor, I suppose, and the final bid for that auction got nowhere near $160, but I think it's still unbelievably wrong to try fooling people like that.

Point in case..there are so many crooked people out there....what is this world coming too?

Point in case..there are so many crooked people out there....what is this world coming too?

I think its because people hear this amazing success stories on ebay, and its now becoming this get rich quick idea, but its really now, most people that make money on ebay do it as their carrer, they spend over 40 hours a week doing it.

-Disjaukifa

I think its because people hear this amazing success stories on ebay, and its now becoming this get rich quick idea, but its really now, most people that make money on ebay do it as their carrer, they spend over 40 hours a week doing it.

-Disjaukifa

I gotta kick this hobby of mine....should I open an Ebay store to go through lets say 15000 games...or should I just keep them? You mentioned ebay needs forty hours...I dont have that much time and I would like to remodel my basement...so the cash could be good and Im sick of paying for a storage unit just to house some games.....

Any specific wants...I posted an add for 300+ loose sega sports titles...I have another 1200 or so sega games...sports and not sports...musha phantasy stat toe jam you name it i got it....

-Disjaukifa

I gotta kick this hobby of mine....should I open an Ebay store to go through lets say 15000 games...or should I just keep them? You mentioned ebay needs forty hours...I dont have that much time and I would like to remodel my basement...so the cash could be good and Im sick of paying for a storage unit just to house some games.....

Any specific wants...I posted an add for 300+ loose sega sports titles...I have another 1200 or so sega games...sports and not sports...musha phantasy stat toe jam you name it i got it....

It doesn't really need 40 hours a week, it's just that some people do eBay as a full time job.

You can post a few auctions a day, and you'll get there.

There are also companies in most areas where you can drop off the stuff you want to sell, and they'll list it all for you, and take 10% or so of the profit and charge you for the listing fees. If you have 15,000 games, then you might want to consider going that route.